Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

October 27th, 2017 07:00

Inspiron 3250, SE198WFP, PSM issue

I have a Dell Inspiron 3250 desktop with Windows 10 and a out of warranty 9 year old Dell SE198WFP monitor. When the computer goes into PSM (power save mode), the monitor won't restart and I have to restart the computer to make it work. When the computer goes into PSM, the computer power button has a flashing white light and the power button on the monitor has an amber light. The screen is black. If I move the mouse, the flashing white light on the computer turns solid (stops flashing) and I can hear the computer starting up. The power button on the monitor turns from amber to blue and there is a message on the black screen that says "Auto Detect (Analog Input) Entering Power Save". After a few seconds this message goes away and the light on the monitor's power button turns amber again. The monitor will not start up. If I turn the computer off and then restart it, the monitor comes on and works fine. What can I do to make the monitor come back on without having to restart the computer every time?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 27th, 2017 08:00

The fault could be that the 2008 SE198WFP does not have a dedicated Windows 10 INF driver? So Windows 10 is using a "default" INF. Change the SE198WFP Input Select to "2. Analog Input" instead of "1. Auto Detect" and retest. If still no go, I would test in this way, removing VGA =
Inspiron 3250 HDMI out port --> HDMI to DVI cable --> SE198WFP DVI in port
Use the SE198WFP Input Select button and choose "3. Digital Input"

No Events found!