Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 21st, 2015 12:00

P2414H, MacBook Air, dock, issues

I recently bought a P2414H Dell monitor for my office work. Since I am using a Macbook air I also bought a docking station to connect all my peripherals. While all of them appear to work normally the screen that I connected trough a display port or VGA goes into power save mode and in no way it leaves it. I read tons of posts regarding this but was not able to fix the issue. Can someone please help me out. Thanks

4 Posts

November 23rd, 2015 01:00

Apparently the Belkin B2B044-C00 USB 3.0 docking station needs "drivers" even on a mac. I installed them from the belkin website and now the screen works properly.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

November 22nd, 2015 19:00

The P2414H was never validated on Apple.

But, can you test the monitor directly to the MacBook Air?
MacBook Air Thunderbolt/mDP out --> Apple Thunderbolt/mDP to DP cable --> P2414H DP in

If that works, then you have narrowed down the issue to the docking station.

4 Posts

November 23rd, 2015 00:00

@Chris In a certain sense I already tested your suggestion, I tried

MacBook Air Thunderbolt/mDP out --> Apple Thunderbolt/mDP to VGA cable --> P2414H DP in

and it works properly. However I also tried the docking station with another laptop in the same configuration and it works properly. What to do?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

November 23rd, 2015 05:00

For my notes, what specific Belkin dock model?

4 Posts

November 24th, 2015 01:00

It is the Belkin B2B044-C00 USB 3.0

In fact although I managed to make it work by installing the display link drivers, there are still some issues. In particular after turning the screen off I am stuck again in power save mode. The workaround is to uninstall and reinstall the drivers which is not very handy. For the moment I guess I will leave the screen on always.

No Events found!