Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

SP

November 27th, 2003 09:00

LCD monitor failure

My Dell LCD monitor DP/N 04R869 Model E151FPp has suddenly stopped working this morning.

Plugging in mains, the led flashes green (at about 1Hz) and I can see some faint flickering in the screen area, but no picture.  Even the on/off button has no effect at all. 

Is there anything I can do to fix it?

I've tried the PC (Dimension 2400) with another monitor and it works fine.

TIA,
Steve Pardoe, Cheshire, England

1 Rookie

• 

2.1K Posts

November 27th, 2003 23:00

if you used the 2400 on another monitor, sort of rules out  video controller problem, probably monitor problem.

check your monitor cables

re-install the monitor drivers -

http://support.dell.com/filelib/download.aspx?FileID=61069&c=en&s=gen&Category=22&OS=WW1&OSL=EN&SvcTag=&SysID=3574&Type=&ReleaseID=R51561

but first, if using windows xp, try restoring to an earlier date and see if that helps.

personal opinion-contact dell, doesn,t sound good-could be bad monitor

check monitor cable for bent pins or missing , broken ones

perform the monitor self check test-

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Message Edited by ronss on 11-27-2003 07:32 PM

1K Posts

November 28th, 2003 00:00

If it fails self  test (disconnected from PC) there is not much you can do, except hope it is still covered under warranty, and contact Tech Support for exchange.

December 9th, 2003 13:00

Hi, all,

I eventually reported the faulty LCD monitor to Dell support (0870 908 0800) yesterday, and a very helpful gentleman talked me through some diagnostics before agreeing that the monitor must be faulty, and that it would be exchanged under the collect & return warranty.

I came back from a meeting this afternoon, and the replacement monitor was on my desk.  It's not quite the same as the old one, but works OK, and you can't fault the service!

Well done, Dell, and thanks.

Steve P

No Events found!