Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 14th, 2014 16:00

MKS14, U2414H, XPS 13 issues

Hi,

I have an XPS 13 connected to a MKS14 with a U2414H monitor.
1) Why is the monitor flickering sometimes, and then it stops, and then goes back to flickering and so on
2) Sd card slot is not working - any ideas?

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

September 19th, 2014 09:00

You need to specifically state how the XPS 13 is connecting to the MKS14 and in turn connected to the U2414H. Also, which SD card slot, on the laptop or the MKS14? The USB Upstream cable must be connected from the MKS14 to the laptop. Here is the User's Guide.

4 Posts

September 29th, 2014 22:00

Hi Chris,

I was connecting my XPS 13 laptop to the MKS14 dock as indicated in the User Guida - through the usb port of the laptop and to the upstream port of the dock. The monitor is installed on the dock as the User Guide instructs.

All the connections are as instructed, and the softwares are installed. Yet, the connection is not stable. The monitor goes black quite often for a few seconds and then comes back.

I have disconnected the laptop from the dock and connected it directly to the monitor via the mini-displayport to display port cable. Using this cable the connection is very stable and the quality is great. For example, the external monitor replicates the exact color temperature I use on the laptop monitor. That was not happening with the USB connection.

I have spoken to a Dell representative on the phone and he says they are going to replace my dock, but I believe this is not stricly a hardware problem.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

1 Message

January 6th, 2015 05:00

Did a replacement dock resolve the issue?  I am experiencing the same issue with my MKS14 dock with a U2141H monitor.  It flickers off and on all day long, and the SD card slot on the dock is not functional.  

I have it set up straight out of the users manual as well, nothing special.  Just trying to figure out how to resolve the issue. 

Thanks!

4 Posts

January 13th, 2015 21:00

Dell replaced my dock and it does work now. I must say that the integration between the xps 13, the dock and the monitor is not seamless, but it works decently well.

No Events found!