Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

June 18th, 2006 17:00

Monitor Driver Update

I just received my 2407 WFP (REV AOO) monitor. Instructions tell me to update driver to activate rotation capabilities. When I try to do this, I'm asked for the Service Tag # which I cannot locate anywhere; the only number on the monitor is the Serial Number. Also no luck trying to let the site locate the Service Tag #, not even my my Customer or Order #s, which, for whatever reason, the site claims to be unable to locate. What I want is to enable rotation capability. Suggestions?

12.1K Posts

June 18th, 2006 18:00

If you did not know, your video card has this rotation function.  You can click on the video card icon in the lower right systems tray, and find the rotation button.  If not there, right click an empty space on your desktop, click on Properties next, click on Settings, click then on Advanced.  Now find your video card listed on top of this next box, click on it and find the rotation function.

If not there, than you will have to download a better current video card driver, and than go to the systems tray in the lower right side and click on it to rotate the monitor.  Which video card do you have ?

Dim 4400
2.6 Ghz 400 FSB
1 Gb 2100 DDR memory
Windows XP Home
17 inch 1703 FP monitor
XFX 7800 GS O/C AGP
48x CDRW
16x DVD-R
410 watt ( PcPower&Cooling )

Message Edited by SR45 on 06-18-200603:21 PM

2 Intern

• 

2K Posts

June 19th, 2006 07:00

Monitors sold separately don't have a service tag (which makes it hard to get support). Here's a link to the Dell driver. It's probably the same one that's on the CD, but as SR45 says, you just use your video card driver.
No Events found!