Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 2nd, 2013 12:00

Monitor P210f not working - warranty

My monitor (dell p210f) is Not working since last saturday I am trying to use the Dell support but i don't know how to find the serial number that i must enter on the web site My s/n is CN-0W416K-72872-0A7-0WGM. Can you help me ?

1.8K Posts

January 3rd, 2013 04:00

Hi steph6838,

From the monitor serial#, I was able to pull some details. It is a Dell P2210F monitor.

Could you please elaborate the issue that you are facing with the monitor.

Do you get any error message?

Please let me know the status of the power LED of monitor.

You can also run a monitor self test by following the steps below: 

1. Turn off your monitor and reconnect the video cable; then, turn on both your computer and the monitor. 
  2. To ensure the proper self-test process, remove both digital (white connector) and analog (blue connector) cables from the rear side of the computer.
  3. Turn on the monitor. 
  4. A floating message box appears on screen with a black background, if the monitor is working correctly but cannot sense a video signal. While the monitor is in the self-test mode, the power LED remains blue. 
  5. Turn off your monitor and reconnect the video cable; then, turn on both your computer and the monitor. 
  6. If the monitor screen remains blank, check the video controller and the computer.

You can also refer to the manual of the monitor: http://dell.to/Tytnad

Please reply with information. 

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 3rd, 2013 09:00

steph6838,

That monitor does not have a service tag number. If the monitor fails the self test, go back to the top of the Monitors Forum and open the announcement, "No service tag on my monitor?".

2 Posts

January 5th, 2013 09:00

Hi, thank you for your response

all led monitor are off

The monitor screen remains black and the 5 leds are off

So, there is no floatting message and the self test doesn't start when i turn on the monitor

:emotion-6:

No Events found!