Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

July 23rd, 2017 21:00

New monitor P2317H backlight

I just brought my monitor but when checked it with black screen i noticed some backlight bleeding on my new monitor. Event when i watch movie with some dark scene i also noticed backlight bleeding. Can i get the replacement for this kind of issue? Ty

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 24th, 2017 06:00

Dell monitors are not validated in a dark room. All monitors are inspected per industry standard, which is with 150lux ambient lighting (similar to typical office lighting).

Based on that picture, it is not defective and passes our manufacturer specification for overall uniformity. We could not issue an exchange. If purchased directly from Dell, you may return it for refund inside the first 30 days from the invoice date. If purchased from a reseller, check their return policy.

2 Posts

July 24th, 2017 19:00

So what about when i have to work at night? It will be very distracted. I check with the reseller they said i now have to contract with dell customer service. They cant do anything about this one!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 25th, 2017 07:00

The only thing you can do is keep the lights on in the room. Dell cannot exchange this. You stated, "I just brought my monitor". I find it hard to believe that the reseller does not have at least a 15 day return policy. Contact them again and demand to return it to them for refund. Then buy a monitor directly from Dell to get the full warranty.

No Events found!