Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

November 24th, 2003 16:00

One Pixel always blue on 17" LCD Monitor

I noticed the other day that one pixel on my 17" lcd was always blue. My wife and I bought the computer (4600C) in July of this year. I'm not at the computer right now, so I don't know the model number or anything, but I was wondering what should I do about this. Is this covered under the one-year warranty and when I talk to a rep. what info do I need on hand? Thanks

1K Posts

November 24th, 2003 17:00

You will probably need more the 1 pixel bad, depending on its location, but you can contact Tech Support if you want and try to obtain an exchange. You should be aware however that dead or locked pixel (as in your case) is not entirely uncommon with LCD displays. Less of a problem then a year or two ago, but still a problem to those that experience them. And a replacement could just as easily have one. State your case as best you can to Support and hope to get a sympathetic ear. Just in case though, run this simple test that covers all the color ranges and look closely for any other possibly locked or dead pixels. This may help you when you contact Dell if you choose to. Go to Calibrator Test, it is all self explanatory.

http://monitorsdirect.com/toolkit/index.shtml

Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

3 Posts

November 24th, 2003 18:00

Thanks,

I appreciate the response.  I'm going to contact dell support but if nothing happens, I guess i'll just have to deal with it.

155 Posts

November 25th, 2003 00:00

If you very gently rub the stuck pixel with your finger through a soft cotton cloth or glove, there is a fair chance you may "unstick" it. Give it a try.

Bob N.

No Events found!