Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

March 9th, 2010 06:00

Options 'greyed out' when trying to adjust screen resolution.

The screen resolution needs adjusting on my dell monitor (all icons are massive), but in the display settings the slider for resolution is immovable and all options under the Monitor tab are greyed out and unavailable.  I have downloaded new drivers  after reinstalling xp on my dell dimension 2400 series desktop. The trouble is the new drivers won't install, the file just sits there. It seems to be just a user guide although says it is an .exe file. Is there a trick to getting the software to run?

Any help would be much appreciated, I cannot be the first person that has been stuck in this catch 22!!

Thank you, Deborah

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

Install this chipset and restart the PC
Install this video card driver and restart the PC

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

You might need to reinstall the monitor driver.

5 Posts

Thanks Chris, I will definitely do this and will confirm success as soon as possible. I assume I do not need to reload Dell driver E153FP. many thanks for your help!. 

5 Posts

March 9th, 2010 10:00

Hi Chris, the chipset and video card driver did the job, thank you so much. I did not need to reinstall the monitor driver. I am really very grateful. Keep up the good work that you are doing!

Deborah

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 9th, 2010 10:00

Cool. Thanks.

5 Posts

March 10th, 2010 11:00

Lawks, now I find my audio configuration are stymied since my reinstall of windows. I have run the Dell driver resource disk but to no avail. Can you recommend how to get the audio driver back? Thanks, have a good day.

Deborah

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 10th, 2010 13:00

Install this driver. Restart the PC when finished.

5 Posts

March 11th, 2010 02:00

Once again, your advice has been invaluable and exactly right. Thank you very much! 

No Events found!