Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 6th, 2015 18:00

Out of control phantom touches on S2340T touchscreens

We have three Dell ST2340T 23.5" touchscreens, all at A00 firmware, driven from Win 8 and 8.1 Pro.

Every so often, one will suddenly act as if someone is manically touching along the top of the screen, with the tell-tale circles (bottom part only) showing up randomly along the top edge.

Of course, the rest of the computer becomes unusable, as the focus keeps being drawn to the latest touch spot.

The ONLY way to stop it, is to pull out the power cable, wait a couple of seconds, and put it in again. Then everything behaves until the next time.

One monitor seemed to be more prone to it, but the others do it on occasion.

Has this been corrected by a later firmware?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 8th, 2015 08:00

It just resets the calibration operation which I think is what is going wrong. If that doesn't fix it, get the monitor replaced.

5 Posts

February 14th, 2015 23:00

I'm going to get the two problem monitors replaced. These only differ in the ending for the S/N of ...-DSUL and ...-DSWL, whereas the S/N for the monitor that is behaving well ends in ...-DTJL.

Not really a lot of difference in S/Ns, but it must be enough for one to be out of the manufacturing danger zone.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 7th, 2015 07:00

We do not have an ST2340T. Did you mean the S2340T? No firmware updates have been released for this monitor. Next time the issue occurs, plug in a USB mouse to the computer and go to the Windows Control Panel and select Tablet PC Settings. On the Display tab click Calibrate. Follow the instructions to calibrate the screen. If installed, uninstall the Dell DDM Monitor Application, restart the computer and re-test.

5 Posts

January 7th, 2015 15:00

Thanks Chris.

Re S2340T vs ST2340T, I must just have 'T's on the brain. :emotion-43: In my defense, over 4000 others had the same problem: Google "st2340t".

The troublesome one is not connected at the moment, so I need to get that organised.

I don't use DDM.

As for calibration, does the process do something special, as my touches are recognised accurately (circle centred on touch) without it, except when it goes berserk?

November 13th, 2016 14:00

Who's going to pay for the new monitor, Chris?  Is Dell going to replace it?  I've had this problem with the S2340T for about two years now and I don't know why Dell can't come up with a solution,or a download for windows 10 for that matter.  I think Dell really dropped the ball.  This is a really beautiful screen, it's too bad I can't use it at it's full potential. Jeff S.

No Events found!