Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2016 12:00

P2314T, refuses to wake up after Windows 10 sleep mode

Five months ago I posted this problem about two or three weeks after receiving my new P2314T with no help from Dell's forum help. I decided to go online to their chat techs and went thru a lengthy back and forth only to have them tell me to reset my monitor to factory settings. 

As I suspected it wouldn't, it did not work. I have done every update and new driver that has come along to no avail. Five months later the problem persists. I am tire of having to lay the monitor face down, unplug the power core, or crawl under my desk to have to unplug it and restore the power to get it to work. 

Here was my original post:

I recently purchased from Dell online a new computer and monitor. For the first week it has worked flawlessly. However yesterday after a long break I could not wake the monitor out of sleep mode no matter what I did.

First -- I just wiggled my mouse as I have always done — Nothing!
Second-- I pressed keys on the keyboard — Nothing!
Third -- I pressed the power button which was still illuminated with zero response.
Fourth -- I rebooted the computer and still the screen was black.
Fifth -- I unplugged the monitor power cord at the monitor. That worked!! I saw my "boot" screen and then signed in.

Today it did it again,  and I tried the same five steps above. I unplugged it again. This time the Dell logo appeared then the monitor power shut off (monitor power button went dark) I pressed it and it came on and I'm working fine now.

Now I don't know whether or not to allow it to sleep or just turn everything off. And I am certainly not too keen on unplugging my monitor every time I want to use it! By the way, I am using Windows 10 installed by Dell on my PC. I will appreciated any helpful ideas to cure the Rip Van Winkle syndrome. 

Inspiron 3847
Service Tag 
Express Service Code 
PPID is CN-0DWF2X-74445-577-011L

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 15th, 2016 14:00

I removed your private data from public viewing to protect you. It appears that your Inspiron 3847 is using the onboard Intel HD 4000 GPU. So are you connecting the P2314T to the Inspiron 3847 in this way?

Inspiron 3847 onboard HDMI out --> P2314T HDMI to HDMI cable --> P2314T HDMI 1 or 2 in port
P2314T USB 3.0 upstream out port --> USB upstream cable --> Inspiron 3847 onboard blue USB 3.0 in port

As a test, I would change the Windows 10 Power Plan to High performance. Then click "Change plan settings". Choose;
Turn off the display = 1 minute
Put the computer to sleep = Never

Now, test waking up the P2314T using the above setup. Does it always wake up?

2 Posts

May 13th, 2018 04:00

I've had this issue for quite some time with my Dell P2314T monitor using Windows 10 Pro (with a ThinkPad laptop). It was very annoying but I think I have found a workaround - a throwback but still a workaround: switch to the VGA port. It kills some of the nice features of HDMI but at least I can work.

No Events found!