Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 30th, 2014 05:00

P2414H, DDM (Dell Display Manager) , Easy Arrange tab?

My monitor Dell P2414H came with the software 'Dell Display Manager V.1.20.0.1476'. The user manual for Dell Display Manager in page number 3 section: 'Easy Arrange Your Monitor Window Layout (P2414H only)', shows 4 tabs: Basic; Auto Mode; Easy Arrange; Options. The software when installed only shows 3 tabs: Basic; Auto Mode; Options. My question: where is the 'Easy Arrange' tab, that is missing?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 8th, 2014 21:00

They are correct. The P2414H manual is incorrect. Easy Arrange is only available on the following Dell monitors =
24" and larger Ultrasharp
24" and larger S
24" and larger 4K
55" or larger conference room

So the P and E series monitors if they have DDM will not have Easy Arrange.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 30th, 2014 07:00

While holding down the Shift key, right-click on the DDM system tray icon and select "Check for new version" from the popup menu. What happens?

5 Posts

September 30th, 2014 15:00

Opens popup:

"Live Update. A newer version is not avaiable at this time. You are using the latest version."

DDM version installed 1.20.0.1476:

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 1st, 2014 09:00

Email sent off asking about this.

5 Posts

October 8th, 2014 05:00

Reply from dell.support@entechtaiwan.com:

"You would need to ask Dell about this, but I'm afraid you'll find it is an error in the manual and not a missing feature. I believe Dell only supports Easy Arrange on their UltraSharp and 4k monitors."

It is true ?

5 Posts

October 15th, 2014 07:00

Its not only the P2414H manual is incorrect.

Also the P2414H webpage:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=320-9794&baynote_bnrank=1&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch

You led the customer in error. For me there two many errors. For a brand like DELL that's not acceptable.

In the same webpage of the product: "Premium Panel Guarantee:
The Dell Premium Panel Guarantee1 allows free panel replacement during the Limited Hardware Warranty period if even one bright pixel defaults."  - is this information correct ?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 15th, 2014 10:00

That site does not explicitly state that Dell Display Manager Easy Arrange is available. It states;

"Dell Display Manager is your one stop software application to manually adjust or auto assign optimal preset modes to specific software applications"

"Manage power consumption wisely with PowerNap, which you can enable through the Dell Display Manager to either dim the monitor to the minimum brightness level or put it into sleep mode when it is not in use."

The Premium Panel Guarantee is correct for one or more Bright dot pixel defaults. The policy does not apply to Dark dot pixel defects.

5 Posts

October 15th, 2014 12:00

Yes you are correct, it does not explicitly state that Dell Display Manager Easy Arrange is available.

But the image is misleading. The image and the user manual for DDM let me assume the monitor could do "Easy Arrange". Change the image and correct the user manual for DDM.

Thank you for your answer regarding the "Premium Panel Guarantee". 

Thank you for your help, Chris M. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 9th, 2014 17:00

Well, this would be a change from the older DDM software and P2414H panels.  I have several P2414H displays with DDM v1.2.0.1445 and these installations do display the Easy Arrangement tab.  So if you can find the older version of the DDM you may have some luck.

I haven't had access to the system that brought this issue to my attention so I could test removing the current version to install the old version, with a new monitor.

Dell giveth and then taketh away.... again :(

(Having a similar functionality removal from DBRM...)

+++++++++++++++++++

Update....

I tested one of the P2414H's that has DDM with the Easy Arrange tab running and successively applied versions #.1450, #.1476, #.1500 to it.  After every install the Easy Arrange tab was still there.  So, if not the software... the hardware may have changed.

Looking at this particular P2414H, it's labeled as a "P2414Hb".  The problem monitor above is also labeled "2414Hb", but is was purchased recently.  The older display with the Easy Arrange tab present is maybe 8 months to a year old.

1 Message

July 8th, 2018 07:00

3 Apprentice

• 

426 Posts

July 8th, 2018 08:00

As of b.1924, *all* Dell monitors that support DDM also support Easy Arrange. The latest version is here.

No Events found!