Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

February 1st, 2017 02:00

P2417H, ghosting and horizontal flickering

Hello, recently I bought a Dell P2417h and I have discovered two problems with it. The first problem is the ghosting when I'm scrolling Dell forum for example, similar to the other post on this forum, and the second problem is that I get random horizontal lines with pixel scrambling when I'm using the monitor on DisplayPort. 

Here is the horizontal flickering

and this is a similiar ghosting with mine. 

1 Message

November 7th, 2017 12:00

The only thing that solves problem for me - changing aspect ratio to 4:3 and back to 16:9. I have to do it each time after turning display on.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

February 1st, 2017 07:00

* Explain in detail how the monitor is connecting to the computer using what cabling and ports
* Computer model
* Operating System
* Video card + all of its out ports
* Reboot the operating system into Safemode with Networking. Go online. Do you see the issue? If not, then some software or driver is the cause of the issue in normal mode, not the monitor hardware

6 Posts

February 1st, 2017 12:00

I'm using the monitor connected via diplayport to dell pro03x docking station and a Dell E4310 notebook. Curently i'm using windows 10 and i have a VGA display port on notebook and another one on docking station+DVI.

6 Posts

February 1st, 2017 14:00

* Explain in detail how the monitor is connecting to the computer using what cabling and ports

The monitor is connected to my Dell 4310 notebook via Dell pro 03x docking station and a DisplayPort cable.

* Computer model

Dell E4310

Video card + all of its out ports

Intel HD Graphics with on board VGA + Displayport, DVI and Vga ports on the dock.

Video card + all of its out ports

* Reboot the operating system into Safe mode with Networking. Go online. I can't use the monitor when I'm in safe mode, maybe because I'm using it with a docking station.

The ghosting is present on VGA and DisplayPort no matter if it's the on board VGA or the port from the docking station. When I'm using the monitor in standard view it is horrible, but the ghosting is at a much lower level on multimedia mode.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

February 2nd, 2017 06:00

* Turn the P2417H off
* Disconect all video cables from the P2417H
* Turn the 2010 Latitude E4310 off
* Remove the Latitude E4310 from the dock
* Open the lid and turn the Latitude E4310 on
* Connect the VGA cable to the P2417H
* Connect the other end of the VGA cable to the Latitude E4310
* Turn the P2417H on
* Open Displays and set the P2417H as Extended monitor

* Open the monitor OSD (On Screen Display)
* Go to Others
* Choose Factory Reset
* Go to Display
* Change Response Time to Fast
* Go to Color- Preset Modes
* Choose Custom Color
* Lower all RGB levels to 92
* Exit the OSD and retest

6 Posts

February 4th, 2017 06:00

As I said, the horizontal flickering lines appear only on DisplayPortt and I don't want to use my monitor on VGA if a got a DisplayPort available. I knew if I'll lower the RGB to 92 the ghosting it will be reduced, but I want to use the monitor of ComfortView for example not only on CustomColors. Thank you

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

February 4th, 2017 12:00

Inside of 30 days from the purchase date, you may return for refund. Outside of the 30 days, all you may do is get exchanges. Or you can simply use the workaround to reduce the ghosting. Your call.

6 Posts

February 10th, 2017 14:00

Ok, I have received another monitor, this one seems better, the ghosting is gone when I set the contrast to 69 vs 60 at the old one.  But still, I can't understand why and how can Dell accept this kind of "imperfection". From your answer I understood that I have to accept this issue because all the units have this kind of problem, am I right? I simply can't accept that this is normal...

1 Message

April 1st, 2017 23:00

Is the issue resolved?

6 Posts

April 2nd, 2017 02:00

Of course not, I've received 2 replacement monitors even worse than the first and I can't do anything.

June 6th, 2017 13:00

Hello, i have bought a similiar monitor, the Dell P2717h and faced the same issue, I have solved it by doing the following configuration:

Color: Custom Color and set the R, G and B to 92

Display: Shapness set to 100 and response time set to normal

I hope it works for you.

1 Message

June 20th, 2018 13:00

Another thing to try that worked for me:

1. Go to "Color" in the menu.
  2. Go to "Preset Modes"
  3. Select "Custom Color"
  4. Then "Custom Color" comes up with a bar for R, G, B (which is Red, Green, Blue). These will all be set to 100% by default, instead set them all to 75% like: R 75%, G 75%, B 75%.
  5. Back to the main menu under "Brightness/Contrast", I then set Brightness to 90% and Contrast to 100% to help compensate for the dimming.

The above combination got rid of the ghosting when scrolling.  For the record, I have two of these monitors one was ghosting pink and one was ghosting blue. The above steps fixed both of them. I could mainly see it on a gray shaded box on a white web page, the gray box would ghost either pink or blue (depending on which monitor) when I scrolled.

No Events found!