Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

April 19th, 2018 02:00

P2417H is blank, although Dell Latitude is connected?

Hi there,

I have a Dell Latitude, bought 6 months ago and a Dell monitor (P2417H) bought a month ago - and although connected via an HDMI cable, the monitor is blank. I'm even using a Dell HDMI cable! When I go to display settings on the PC, it detects two screens. However, on the monitor, when you connect, firstly the screen goes blank - and then it comes up with a "No HDMI cable detected" box that floats around the screen. I have tried on other monitors and used other cables, but no joy.

Help! 

Dan

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 19th, 2018 06:00

* What is the service tag number for the Latitude and P2417H? (I will remove them from view once recorded)
* What specific Latitude model?
* Does the P2417H and that HDMI to HDMI cable work on another PC?
* Are you saying that other monitors using that same HDMI to HDMI cable also do not work on this Latitude?

April 19th, 2018 07:00

* What is the service tag number for the Latitude and P2417H? Monitor = Latitude =
* What specific Latitude model? 7480
* Does the P2417H and that HDMI to HDMI cable work on another PC? Correct
* Are you saying that other monitors using that same HDMI to HDMI cable also do not work on this Latitude? Correct.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 19th, 2018 14:00

OK. Sounds like a driver issue. Use the free Intel DSA (Driver Support Assistant) utility to check and if needed install the latest Intel chipset and video GPU drivers. Once done, restart the 7480. Then connect the turned on P2417H and its HDMI cable to the 7480. What happens?

No Events found!