Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

April 8th, 2018 16:00

P2417H, new, scuff marks on stand base

Dear community,

Bought recently and unboxed the package but haven't plugged it in yet(void of warranty concern).

Is it normal to have scuff/rubbing marks at all? placed on stand base surrounding the two blocks for the slot. Link: https://imgur.com/a/go3Ds

Researched a bit on youtube, and caught it on 1 out of about 12 results.

Seems like it was used at least for a short period - or is there other explanation?. Until i'll be certain, I feel like returning it back is a good move. assuming if one part has a defect perhaps the rest of this specific package is lacking in quality.

Thanks in advance.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 9th, 2018 06:00

Considering the Dell low price of $239.99 and the fact that the Stand Riser actually covers those marks on the Stand Base, I would not worry about it. Your call. If purchased directly from Dell, you have 30 days to return it for a refund.

April 9th, 2018 22:00

Much appreciation for the quick response.
The most important thing for me I forgot to write - I bought the monitor in local store pretty sure it is the famous Dell's original brown box, sealed.
I agree with of course. All I want to know since I still find it odd and am sensitive to the matter is:

A. Finding out whether I'm the first customer to this box.

B. Can it be new and still be combined of mixed sources(a returned stand).

Can I extricate insightful info from those shipment labels on it?
Do you know if it is the procedure at Dell to assemble+disassemble each monitor stands for test? if so, still odd how for every several items one will suffer of "more than a moment or two metals scuff marks".

Thanks again.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 10th, 2018 04:00

A. Finding out whether I'm the first customer to this box.
* Unknown. This is why I always say buy directly from Dell. You can check by attempting to register it into your name here. If it shows as "already registered", then you are not the first customer.
B. Can it be new and still be combined of mixed sources (a returned stand).
* Not when directly from the manufacturer.
C. Do you know if it is the procedure at Dell to assemble+disassemble each monitor stands for test?
* They do not test on the stand. The panel itself is on a rack for testing/validation. Then placed in the packaging.

April 10th, 2018 06:00

Well, you had just helped me decide. Thanks.

No Events found!