Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

1 Message

November 21st, 2020 18:00

P2419H, no HDMI signal from your device, #3

I just got a brand new Dell P2419H monitor. I connected the HDMI port to my computer as well as the USB port into my computer. I do not have a DP port on my computer so I cannot connect that. When I turn on the P2419H and select HDMI, it tells me there is no signal. Any suggestions?

• 

25.7K Posts

November 22nd, 2020 12:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the P2419H Service Tag but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

November 22nd, 2020 18:00

@Finesse5  You don't need to connect both HDMI and DP.  But what type of port did you connect it to on your PC?  Do you have an HDMI output in which case you just used a standard HDMI cable?  Or a USB-C output?  Etc.  When asking for technical assistance, it helps to provide basic technical information like that, so that people here who are willing to help have something to work with.  The system model might be helpful too, or the GPU model if this is a desktop system.

If you're just using a standard HDMI cable to connect your system to the display, then have you tried isolating any variables to troubleshoot?  For example, connecting your PC to a different HDMI display/TV using the same cable to verify that the PC's HDMI output and the HDMI cable are good?  Or connecting a different HDMI source device to the display, such as a cable box or streaming box?  When a setup that involves multiple components isn't working as expected, it's often necessary to start testing slightly different setups to identify which component might be the issue.

No Events found!