Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 30th, 2020 22:00

P2419HC, D6000 dock, via USB-C to DP cable

Hi,

I want to know if anyone has had any success connecting a USB-C monitor to the Dell D6000 using a USB-C to DisplayPort Cable (p2419hc USB C port --> USB C to DP Cable --> DP in port D6000, the monitor is using the USB-C Cable connection while the D6000 is using the DisplayPort cable connection)

I have my Dell D6000 connected to my Dell Latitude 5580 via USB-C/Alternate mode and am trying to connect three 24' Dell monitors. I have successfully connected two of the monitors via HDMI and DisplayPort cables. However, I am having trouble connecting my third monitor (p2419hc) using a USB-C to displayPort cable. I have updated all the DisplayLink Drivers and my Video Card drivers. Are there any other steps I need to take to get this setup to work? Or do I just need to buy another DisplayPort Cable?

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

July 31st, 2020 09:00

@happyauer  USB-C to DisplayPort cables can only connect a USB-C source to a DisplayPort input, not a DisplayPort source to a USB-C input.  The reason is that a DisplayPort source can't perform a USB-C link negotiation, which a native USB-C source would expect.  You'll need a DisplayPort cable.

No Events found!