Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 12th, 2014 10:00

P2714T small screen at 1080 Can't calibrate

Setting the resolution to 1920 x 1080p on my newly arrived P2714T only fills the screen to about the size of a 24" monitor. Calibration works at this setting, BUT 24" is not acceptable.

Changing the resolution to 1600 x 900 does fill the 27" screen but then calibration fails on the right hand side of the monitor. Without being able to calibrate the whole point of a touch screen is pretty useless.

Hooked it up with an HDMI cable, but didn't understand the OSD and how it defaults to a VGA cable. (Why in the world is a VGA the default?) So I hooked up a VGA cable, then, of course, had to get my 16 y/o to figure out the OSD to immediately switch to an HDMI. Now I see that "Auto-Detect" is only available with a VGA?

Anyway. The monitor is attached via HDMI #1 & USB3 to an HD Radeon 6670 on an ASUS Z87 mb. The Radeon supports all the HD formats.

If I put the VGA back on, run the Auto-Detect, and calibrate while using the VGA; and IF it works in filling the 27" screen; will I lose everything reattaching the HDMI?

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 5th, 2014 06:00

What happens when you click it and have windows search for the driver online?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

November 12th, 2014 11:00

The AMD Ati Catalyst scaling default is set to around 7.5 which causes a thick black border around all four sides of the display.

* Turn the computer and monitor off
* Disconnect the VGA cable from both the video card and the monitor
* Connect the Dell provided HDMI to HDMI cable from the video card HDMI out to the monitor HDMI (MHL) 1 in
* Turn the monitor on
* Press the monitor Menu button to open the OSD (On Screen Display)
* Go to Input Source
* Check HDMI (MHL) 1
* Exit the OSD
* Turn the computer on

* Right click on the windows desktop
* Left click AMD Ati Catalyst Control Center or the AMD Vision Engine Control Center
* Along the left-hand side you will see My Digital Flat-Panels
* Click it and a sub menu pulls down
* Select Scaling Options (Digital Flat-Panel) from the sub menu
* You will see a scroll bar for underscan and overscan. Check the box and slide overscan to 0% until your screen is filled
* Click Apply and done
-or-
* Right click on the windows desktop
* Open the AMD Ati Catalyst Control Center
* Switch to Advanced mode
* Click the Dropdown Menu Graphics in the top Right
* Select Desktops and Displays
* Right click on Currently Active Display. There is a little picture of a tiny Monitor and tiny Arrow at the far bottom left of the menu. It is this tiny Arrow that you left click on, then click Configure. Then the following 6 buttons will be available to you:
Attributes
Avivo Color
Scaling Options
HDTV Support
LCD Overdrive
Pixel Format
* Under Attributes, check the Enable GPU scaling box and the Scale image to full panel size
* Click Apply
* Select Configure
* Click on the Scaling Options tab
* Move the scale to the right until you get a full screen image 0%
* Click OK

* Recalibrate Touch

8 Posts

November 12th, 2014 12:00

Thank you so much for your thorough & prompt reply. I don't have the Catalyst Control Center installed. Something in my system blocks the installation and I don't know what it is. I suspect it is the motherboard? 
Hmm?  
Now what? I can't test this answer.

Was hoping to avoid getting a new graphics card, as this one is very stable & runs cool. 

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

November 13th, 2014 10:00

"Something in my system blocks the installation". Then the driver is not installed correctly. This sounds more like an Administrator rights issue?

8 Posts

November 15th, 2014 10:00

No, it isn't administrative rights. It turns out that the installed driver is for an XP system. It was a bad install from the beginning. If I try to install any AMD or even uninstall this driver, the system freezes.

The registry reports it as the only ATI/AMD graphics driver ver 13.4 XP 64bit. This package also installed several system/chipset drivers. However, device Manager allows me to update the driver only (no CCC) which is at v14.3.

I have posted this newly discovered problem with AMD. 

It seems microsoft has a fix for the calibration problem? We'll see.

8 Posts

November 29th, 2014 20:00

Thought I'd let you know that I have fixed the Catalyst Control Center problem and my screen is now the full 27" at 1080. It was, in part, an administrator problem. But not as simple as having administrative privileges. The ATI uninstaller never worked under any capacity.

I have not had time to try calibration again. And I have a niggly problem of the USB3 port used by the monitor showing up as an unknown in Device Manager. 

Thanks

8 Posts

December 4th, 2014 19:00

Update: Calibration is complete. After running the MS FixIt solution the Calibration now offers a Reset, which allowed me to calibrate.

Now if only it really was calibrated! It is always off about a quarter of an inch. I suspect it is the USB 3 connection. Since Touch is controlled by the USB connection.  I have the latest drivers offered by motherboard (Asus) I am using the cables that came with the monitor.
The unknown device is: 

USB5534B

Any ideas?

8 Posts

December 5th, 2014 10:00

TaDa! Update through DM worked it is now another Intel USB 3 Hub.

Thanks. 

How do I mark this thread as resolved?

No Events found!