Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

February 11th, 2018 05:00

P2715Q, Ticking noise when powered off

Hello,

I purchased a P2715Q brand new this week.  When it is powered off, there is a ticking noise coming from inside the monitor.  Before I return it, I wanted to see if this is normal or if there is any way to fix this.

It seems there are other reports of this issue here.

When the monitor is powered on, there are no issues.  It was built in June 2017 and is rev A05.

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

February 12th, 2018 05:00

Post a video allowing us to hear the issue. We captured several of these "noisy" P2715Q from customers. Based on our testing in the lab, all met our manufacturer tolerance specification for noise.

3 Posts

February 17th, 2018 15:00

I exchanged for another P2715Q, same A05 revision from June 2017.  It has the same noise when powered off but plugged into a power source.  Are you able to confirm there is no issue with the electronics inside the monitor due to this ticking noise?

Hard to believe this is within tolerance!  Sounds like an extra clock in my office.  Are you aware of any solution?  I'm not sure if I'll return or not at this point.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

February 18th, 2018 11:00

As I stated, "We captured several of these "noisy" P2715Q from customers. Based on our testing in the lab, all met our manufacturer tolerance specification for noise.". There is not a systemic fault with the electronics. Remember, a return is only allowed inside the first 30 days from the Dell invoice date.

3 Posts

February 18th, 2018 15:00

Thanks for the help.  The monitor has a great picture, but there shouldn't be any noise at all, especially when it is turned off.  I ended up returning and going with a different make.

No Events found!