Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 19th, 2015 20:00

P2715Q returning from monitor sleep or PC sleep reset window position and sizes, wake in incorrect resolution and occasionally don't wake at all

I recently purchased two P2715Q monitors, running as dual monitors(two DP ports on video card, no MST). When the PC turns the monitors back on from sleep of the monitor or the PC, often all the windows that were open are moved to the upper left of the primary display, and the size is changed to very small.  The windows peripheral disconnect/connect sound can often be heard. Sometimes the monitors come back with a lower resolution than 4K. Occasionally, they don't wake from sleep, and a reboot is needed. I have updated my video drivers multiple times. Tried installing the Dell driver for the monitors, tried it with and without the Dell Display Manager.  I've tried a different video card(AMD R7770), with only one display connected.  I have tried other DP cables. When powered on the monitors work great. Having switched so many things around, isolating the issue to the monitor, and have two of the monitors, making a defect unlikely, it seems like there's an issue with the product.  Is Dell aware of this issue?  Is there any work-around or fix?

Serial Numbers: CN-0321R1F-74445-53Q-BLJL and CN-0321R1F-74445-53Q-BLFL
Computer model: Custom built AMD A8-3850
Video card: ASUS GeForce GTX 960 Mini
Video card driver version: 353.30 6/22/2015
Video ports: 3 DP, 1 HDMI and 1 DVI
Video ports used: 2 DP
Video cables: mDP to DP cables supplied with monitors
Power plan: High performance. Tested with PCI-e Link State on and off
Resolution 3840x2160, 60hz
Purchased from reseller

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 22nd, 2015 06:00

* Verify that the monitor USB upstream cable is connected from the monitor to the computer USB port
* Press the monitor Menu button to open the OSD (On Screen Display)
* Go to Others
* Choose Factory Reset, Reset All Settings
* Go back to Display in the Menu
* Verify that MST is Off (4k2k 60Hz with MST function disabled)
* Exit the OSD
* Test each monitor one at a time on each video card DP (DisplayPort)

If still no go, they should be exchanged. Dell Technical Support should replace them with part number X24K1. But first, you have to transfer the service tag numbers from the reseller into your name using the online form.

October 3rd, 2015 01:00

For the sleep reset window position, try the Windows 10 fix I use the fix listed at:

answers.microsoft.com/.../1653aafb-848b-464a-8c69-1a68fbd106aa

It works very well for me, even on windows 10.

1 Message

October 3rd, 2015 11:00

Same problem, Windows 10, Intel Iris 5200 Pro, one display via DP or mDP.

And also 1 time out of every ~20 wakeups Windows detects this P2715Q monitor as two, showing the second logical display on the monitor while all the windows are on the first logical display. Here is the screenshot of it: http://i.imgur.com/3UxLNtb.jpg

Previous Dell monitor I used (U2713HM) with the same computer didn't have this issue.

However I won't be exchanging it since it is already 1.5 months since the day I bought it which means that I will get refurbished monitor in unpredictable external condition. I will just try to remember to not by anything from Dell anymore.

No Events found!