Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

3 Posts

August 22nd, 2020 04:00

P2720D vs U2719D

Howdy,

Is there any huge difference between the P2720D or U2719D? I bought the P2720D because of the lower price but I noticed that the U2719D was sold as a monitor for graphic designers. I was to late to cancel the P2720D because I want a monitor that is great for hobby photo editing.

Can the P2720D handle the task of photo editing or should I go for the Ultrasharp U2719D? Need some advice people

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 22nd, 2020 05:00

P2720D $439.99
U2719D $499.99

Use the Dell sales pages above to compare the specifications.

* Go here
* In the top right blank, enter P2720D
* In the drop down, click P2720D
* Click the button, "Add to compare"
* In the top right blank, enter U2719D
* In the drop down, click U2719D
* Click the button, "Add to compare"
* You should now see a box with both monitors, click the button, "Compare"
* Result =

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

August 22nd, 2020 07:00

@Bateman1988  When I can't figure out the differences between devices, I've found that checking their specs in their respective manuals is often illuminating.  Those are available at support.dell.com for both displays, and a cursory comparison reveals that compared the U2719D offers the following features over the P2720DC:

• DisplayPort output port to create a daisy chain
  • DisplayPort 1.4 support on its DisplayPort input rather than the P2720DC's DP 1.2 input support (although this only matters for creating a daisy chain on the U2719D).
  • Audio line-out jack in order to connect speakers or a soundbar to the display if you'll be sending audio to the display over HDMI or DP.
  • One or maybe both of the USB ports on the left edge of the display have support for the BC 1.2 standard, which provides higher power output to charge devices such as smartphones and tablets.

The U Series is above the P Series in Dell's lineup, so in some cases including this one, older U Series displays sometimes have more features than newer P Series displays.  But if all you care about is panel quality, I wouldn't be surprised if the actual display panel itself was identical between these two displays, although I don't have a way to know that for sure.  But if you're planning to do photo editing, you might want to find a display that allows more precise color calibration by offering features specifically geared to that purpose.  Dell's UP Series (UltraSharp w/ PremierColor) offer that, but they are admittedly quite a bit more expensive, so that might be more than you're interested in for hobbyist use.

August 22nd, 2020 05:00

Thanks, @DELL-Chris M. So the color/RGB values are the same? That's the most important thing for me.

August 22nd, 2020 09:00

@jphughan  Exactly, its just for hobby use, not professional or work. I will unpack the monitor and try it out, if I am not satisfied I can always return it. I think it will do the job, right now I use the 1080p screen of my laptop which is not the best. Switching to 27inch 2K will be another world for me

1 Message

January 22nd, 2021 04:00

I didi that And i still don see any difference between them. 

Except display area 89.95% vs 92.16%

That is only difference I could find

No Events found!