Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 19th, 2020 05:00

P2720DC, MacBook, LAN adapter to USB-A?

I've recently got my P2720DC but it hasn't got a LAN connection. My laptop is connect via USB Type-C cable (C to C) to the P2720DC. Is it possible to use a LAN adapter to USB-A and then connect it to the P2720DC and getting my MacBook connected via ethernet? I tried it but it didn't work out for me.

Thanks for your help!

August 2nd, 2020 14:00

Ok sry for the late solution.

I now got this great display over half a year. My lan-adapter, which I bought previously, didn't work at first. I nearly gave it up but I tried it a second time. Then it worked just fine! USB-C is perfect. Now I got my MacBook connected just over USB-C and I got my video-stream, audio-output, power-connection, ethernet-connection, sometimes my hard drive, mouse and keyboard all at once connected. And there is still a USB-A port on the monitor and three USB-C ports on my Macbook available.

I hope I could help.

• 

25.7K Posts

March 19th, 2020 23:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

Dell cannot speak to the not tested/validated Apple OS. We can see here that there are not any Apple OS drivers on the P2720DC driver page. For Dell Technical Support to offer assistance, you need to test the P2720DC on a true Windows OS PC. You should read the P2720DC threads on the Apple Forum. If need be, start a new thread on the Apple Forum detailing your issue. Perhaps they can offer some advice on how to get our P2720DC working on the Apple PC.

No Events found!