Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

9 Posts

March 31st, 2021 15:00

P3421W, KVM related USB issue

Hello, I just bought a P3421W monitor and got it setup with two of my devices: one of them being a Thinkpad T14 connected via USB-C, another one being a PC connected via DP + USB upstream, on USB downstream I have wired keyboard connected to it.

The monitor worked all well for the connected device in the front, but not so well for the device on standby. When the standby device stays inactive for a while, switching the monitor to it will leave the monitor hunting for video signal and not switching the USB to that. There's a dead lock here since USB keyboard is needed to wake up the device, while the monitor won't power or transfer USB stream to the second device if there's no signal. 

I suppose it's a similar issue mentioned in post here Solved: U3818DW, USB power during sleep - Dell Community

Thanks!

9 Posts

April 1st, 2021 08:00

Yes, I have the same problem with mine.

2 Posts

April 4th, 2021 12:00

Same here with U3421WE. Is there firmware upgrade?

9 Posts

December 1st, 2021 07:00

There's a new firmware release for the P3421W, version M2B205, that claims in the release notes to fix this issue. However, I don't see any improvement - I still can't wake the sleeping computer. Has anyone else tried this successfully?

No Events found!