Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

February 11th, 2021 12:00

P3421W, flickering, DDM

My P3421W monitor without DDM (Dell Display Manager) works fine on my Intel NUK7I5 PC (with native embedded graphics cards) and Windows 10. 

But when DDM is installed there is a flicker every around 10 seconds. I have all the latest version of the drivers for graphics card, monitor as well as for DDM, the bios is also up to date as well as Windows 10. I use the HDMI cable supplied with the screen. Uninstalling DDM solves the issue. When DDM is reinstalled, the flicker reappears. Switching to lower resolution or refresh rate doesn’t solve the problem.

I have to stay in HDMI (I can't switch to DP). I do not have the problem when using different display manager (Display fusion) but I want to use DDM in order to switch via the keyboard between the 2 PCs (Home Work) via the monitor's KVM.

How do I solve my problem?

Thank you

• 

25.7K Posts

February 11th, 2021 12:00

Hi,I see you’re looking for technical assistance. If you require our help, you could initiate a private/direct message with us, and we’d be glad to assist you.

3 Apprentice

• 

426 Posts

February 11th, 2021 14:00

The flicker you see will likely be caused by collision between HDCP and DDC/CI (required by DDM but not DisplayFusion or other screen partitioning software solutions), and would really need to resolved by Intel with a driver update (because the graphics driver handles this traffic).

In the meantime, you might be able to reduce or even eliminate it - assuming you are comfortable editing the Windows registry - by adding the value "PollingVCP" to HKCU\Software\EnTech\DDM" and setting it to 0x2711 (hex); then restart DDM.

If that helps but is insufficient, you could set up Windows shortcuts to DDM that start DDM, switch inputs, and then exit DDM.

3 Apprentice

• 

426 Posts

February 12th, 2021 04:00

One other you should do, and do first, is to make sure Auto-mode is OFF. On the P34 changes to color preset blank the screen, and if you have an app running that is periodically jumping to the foreground it could result in too frequent changes to the preset mode.

No Events found!