Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

June 4th, 2018 11:00

P4317Q, split into 4 independent screens

Hello,

We got a P4317Q at work and I want to know if it is possible to completely split the screen into 4? the advertising video seems to do so.

When I press the option of PBP 4 screens, it only mirrors the same screen 4 times

I downloaded the latest version of DDM, and while that provides a frame to minimize the windows into 4, it doesn't completely split the screens as the taskbar and desktop remains the same.

The monitor is connected to the computer through a VGA cable. Do I need to connect more ports to the same computer to have this complete segregation (i.e. different task bars and desktop with one being the main desktop)?

Thank you.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 4th, 2018 12:00

Unknown. The online P4317Q Quick Setup Guide PDF only shows a single PC using three of its video out ports connected to three of the P4317Q video in ports (HDMI/MHL 1 port, miniDP, DP).

5 Posts

June 5th, 2018 01:00

I connected the SS1 cable and change the source of input to each option, it is still not recognizing another screen from the same computer

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 5th, 2018 06:00

SS1 cable?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 5th, 2018 11:00

SS1 (USB) is not video by itself. It uses the 3rd party DisplayLink software to "emulate" video.

5 Posts

Oh ok thanks, I'll download the DisplayLink and see if it works.

5 Posts

The one that connects to USB upstream connector:

image.png

The cable has an SS sign:
image.png

We successfully connected 3 different screens through VGA, DP, and HDMI. We connected the 4th one using the USB above, but when choosing input for the 4th window under PBP, there wasn't an option for USB.

5 Posts

June 6th, 2018 04:00

It didn't work. The computer "Dell Optiplex 9020" is not figuring Displaylink under "Display Adapters" in Device Manager.

I downloaded the Intel USB 3.0 extensible host controller driver v. 5.0.4.43 as well, but it's still the same.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 6th, 2018 06:00

OK. So the only other option option is to add a low profile video card with two or three video out ports to the 9020. Then use it and the onboard video ports.

3 Apprentice

• 

426 Posts

June 12th, 2018 05:00

You can't just download the DisplayLink software - you need a DisplayLink USB video adapter that plugs into your PC's USB port on one end, and into one of your P4317Q's video inputs (DP, mDP, HDMI, VGA) on the other end.

You want your P4317Q to act like its 4 independent monitors connected to 1 PC, yes? So you need 4 independent *video* cables running from your PC to the P4317Q. Most PCs only provide a maximum of 3 outputs; some only provide 2 or even just 1. DisplayLink USB adapters provide a cheap way to add more.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 12th, 2018 05:00

You can't just download the DisplayLink software - you need a DisplayLink USB video adapter that plugs into your PC's USB port on one end, and into one of your P4317Q's video inputs (DP, mDP, HDMI, VGA) on the other end.
* Correct. I thought their FAQ would have mentioned the DisplayLink USB video adapter.

No Events found!