Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 11th, 2006 07:00

Problem with 2007WFP- not colour banding though...

Hi there
I am currently having problems with my new 200twfp that I bought. It is not a banding issue but a contrast one. I have Monaco EZcolour software as well as an optix and have made a colour profile for it as well as for my Macbook screen. However although the colours are aligned to what my macbook screen shows (I use DVI so can easily move from one screen to another) the contrast is so high on the 2007wfp that it is distorting my images alot. Being a photographer this is quite a serious issue. I thought it might be another problem at first so ran a few checks and took some sample images over to a friend's house who is also colour calibrated and the images look identical to how they look on my MacBook so it is a problem with the 2007wfp. Incidentaly I do know how to use colour profiles and so it is not because the wrong colour profile has been attached to the 2007wfp device.
Basically my images appear much darker due to the higher contrast. I would like to enclose some example pictures but this forum wont let me do that. I have night time shots of the Alps under the full moon which is easily sharp and well lit enough to make out very small details even on the mountains themselves but on my 2007wfp i can barely make out the mountains. In fact all my photos that have dark areas are blacked out and due to this high contrast my photos often look highly saturated which is useless when it comes to trying to edit them for professional use.
Can someone please advise me, I have spent ages trawling through the internet but to no avail. the only possible solution is to maybe ditch the DVI and go back to VGA as this will allow me to change the contrast but I really dont want to have to do that for obvious reasons.
thanks
jon

27 Posts

September 11th, 2006 20:00

2007wfp doesn't have good contrast. Problem is the opposite or too low brightness setting. However, when you increase brigtness, low contrast causes bright things to lose 'resolution' very badly.

1 Message

September 12th, 2006 00:00

Hi there,

I am having the same problem as well. Dell have just delivered my 2007WFP A02 yesterday and as soon as I set it up, I noticed that a lot of details in my pictures are lost especially the darker ones. I played around with all the settings but there seemed to be nothing I can do. By using the nVidia Control Panel, I managed to adjust the brightness so that the pictures looked "right". However, all the other areas of Windows Vista was too bright (looked washed out). Is there a solution for this? I am a hobbyist photographer and I need my photos to appear as how I wanted to be.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Jason

3 Posts

September 13th, 2006 13:00

Sorry to inform you that I have a brand new 24" and I suffer the SAME problems.

I use my Canon350 and I loose all the dark areas. I am really upset.
First.. though I have a REV02 I had banding, which I solved using VGA.
(VGA instead of DVI??? on a 24??? YES. If you go DVI you HAVE banding.)
Then I discovered this contrast issue.
I won't ever buy a Dell monitor again.
No Events found!