Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 10th, 2009 08:00

Problem with S2409Wb monitor...

I am having some problem after fixing up my 24" monitor whereby the screen size is smaller than my actual size.  My screen resolution has already been set to 1920x1080 but there is still a black gap to the monitor sides...what can I do? I was using a 17" monitor before fixing this and the resolution 1024x768 was perfectly fine.  I am using Sapphire ATI Radeon 4650 1GB video card and connected via a HDMI cable.  When I change the resolution to 1024x768, it covers the whole screen.  I've tried to download the driver for the monitor fr Dell website but unfortunately it could not install(with the 3 s2409w files it came with).   Please help me out.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 10th, 2009 12:00

The S2409W doesn't have scaling options. You must do it in the Ati Cataylst Control Center- Digital Panel Properties- Attributes- Image Scaling and enable "Scale image to full panel size".

2 Posts

December 11th, 2009 03:00

Hi Chris, Initially, I couldn't manage to rectify the problem with your steps given as there is no image scaling to full panel size in any of the tabs in ATI Catalyst.  I have also downloaded and installed 9-11_vista32_win7_32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu from the website and also couldn't find the scaling feature.  I browsed through the forum from the ATI website and it says I need to right click on the small TV icon in the desktop & display setting and some other setting options appreared which is not inside the normal tabs.  I finally managed to change the scaling option to 0% and my screen is now maximized.   Thanks for your help and have a great weekend! Gerad

No Events found!