Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

March 18th, 2008 03:00

Problem with ViewSonic VA1703wb Monitor

I'm not sure what caused my monitor settings to change but now my monitor is offset to the left and the part that was moved off screen, now appears on the right hand side of the screen. The mouse focus is also off (to click on an icon, the mouse has to be positioned off to the right of a button to obtain focus. I have a Inspiron 5315 with a VA1703wb ViewSonic 17" LCD monitor. I am running Vista and I've had the computer for 4 months and the problem appeared Saturday 3/15/08. When I list the monitor via ControlPanel, the monitor shows as a non-generic PNP monitor. I tried re-installing the driver with the disk that came with the desktop and the driver showed it was up to date. I then tried downloading an updated driver from the ViewSonic website, and the same result. As a last attempt, I tried to uninstall the driver and reinstall using the monitor disk and obtained the same results. The end result is the monitor is identified as a analog display (when it is in fact a 17" LCD) and I have to set the refresh rate to 75 Hz to prevent the display offset from showing. Isn't it potential harmful to configure an LCD to a refresh rate of 75 hz? When I try to restore defaults, it gets set to a display resolution of 1440 by 900 pixes, 32-bit color quality, and a refresh rate of 60 hz...and the offset occurs again...

Has anybody encountered a similar scenario with Windows Vista and the VA1703wb ViewSonic 17" display?

- KB

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 18th, 2008 22:00

KatBart78,

Remove and reinstall the PC video card driver.
No Events found!