Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2009 19:00

RMA/Warranty service on a 2407WFP in Canada?

Hi all,

I never thought I would run into an issue like this, but I am stumped. I have a 2407WFP and as of late I have massive backlight leaking on all 4 corners of the monitor. So I figured I'd RMA it. I have the original bill and all. But ..... for the life of me, I can't find the warranty status link on the website. I don't have an Express Service Tag on the monitor, so I can't use the website warranty check thing, and when I call the Canadian 1-800 number, there's NO OPTION for monitors (desktops, laptops, TVs/projectors, etc).

Does anybody know how I can 1) check the warranty status of my monitor, and 2) where I should call to get an RMA on it if the warranty is still valid?

Thanks,

-sW

2 Posts

January 29th, 2009 02:00

The express tag on the computer covers all parts of the PC with Peripherals, including the monitor.

6 Posts

January 29th, 2009 04:00

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I omitted to mention that the monitor was purchased as an individual unit.

Cheers,

-sW

1.5K Posts

January 29th, 2009 13:00

starwalker

There is a PPID on the back of the monitor, send it to me in a private message and I'll check your warranty status for you.

11 Posts

January 29th, 2009 19:00

From recent experience, i was told by a Dell rep to contact the desktop department...they handle monitors.

The 2407 should have minimum 3 yr warranty from shipped date (or receive date, not sure) unless you purchased the 4th and/or 5th year. They will be able to tell you exactly with your purchase info.

1.5K Posts

January 30th, 2009 10:00

Monitors with no service tag purchased stand alone will have a three year warranty, monitors with a service tag will have the warranty that was purchased with that service tag, monitors purchased with a system have what ever warranty the system has.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

June 1st, 2009 12:00

Java42,

I need the following sent to me in a Private Conversation so I can look this up -
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
Monitor Order number or PC Service Tag number if purchased with a PC:
Monitor 20 digit PPID number found on the back on a label or on the slider card on the left rear:
Reason: 2407WFP Defective Power Button

1 Message

June 1st, 2009 12:00

Hello,

I need help as well with warranty repair for 2407WFP monitor. I have purchased it from Dell.ca with 4-th year additional warranty. The monitor was purchased on Apr 05, 2007. The problem is with stuck power button which does not turn the monitor off anymore. Calls to technical support and customer service did not help. Web site support service requires Service Tag number, which I don't have on the back of the monitor. What is my route to get warranty repair on this monitor?

Thank you,

Ihor

No Events found!