Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

3 Posts

April 25th, 2019 14:00

U2311H, Windows 10, rotating into Portrait view?

I had a new display die and figured I could throw this U2311H on my PC and use it. It works fine except that the screen will not automatically go into portrait mode when rotated. I have a feeling this is driver related as I found no Windows 10 drivers for this monitor, but I'm hoping that I'm wrong. I can only manually select portrait and landscape orientations from the display settings menu in Windows. Not very convenient. I'm connected to an AMD Radeon HD 5570 display card via DVI using Windows 10.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 26th, 2019 05:00

You are correct. The May 2010 nine year old U2311H was never validated for Windows 10, so no Windows 10 driver. We only provided the validated Vista and Windows 7 drivers.

3 Posts

April 27th, 2019 11:00

That's what I figured.  The usable life of an LCD display is far longer than a CPU, so I was crossing my fingers that there was a solution.  Would have been nice if the pivot sensor was a universal drive.  I don't believe in crowding landfills with electronics that are still useful.  My Samsung laser printer is almost 20 years old.  Still using it thanks to them providing a basic, universal printer driver for legacy products.  

3 Apprentice

• 

426 Posts

April 28th, 2019 01:00

Not really a driver issue that could be fixed with a future update. For auto-rotation you need a hardware sensor as well as software that monitors it.
No Events found!