Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 19th, 2014 18:00

S2209W Blinking Power LED (White)

I have the exact same problem with my S2209W monitor bought on March 2010. It is connected to my PC using DVI port. It started about a few months back. Every cold boot, the monitor requires about 10+ mins of start up time, as in there will be no display and just blinking white power light. The black screen changes to a flashing Dell logo, and eventually the display will finally show up. When the monitor finally powers up, the display is perfect without any problem. The 10+ mins of start up time becomes longer and longer, and now as of today the display won't show up at all. It is just the blinking white power light. I have tested another monitor and it is working so my PC is not the problem at all. I have read that it might be the capacitors or transistors failing. Question is, am I out of luck with servicing from Dell as I think my warranty is over?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 19th, 2014 18:00

lineman2,

Dell does not repair monitors or sell internal monitor components. We do not even have monitor repair/disassembly documentation. We simply replace them while under warranty. Did you turn the monitor off, disconnect it from the computer and run the monitor BIST (Built-In Self Test) ? Page 28 in the User's Guide:
ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_electronics/esuprt_Display/dell-s2209wfp_User%27s%20Guide_en-us.pdf

No Events found!