Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

2 Posts

June 10th, 2021 16:00

S2240L, HDMI issue with MacBook

I have a 2019 MacBook pro without the m1 chip. I'm trying to use the Dell S2240L as my dual monitor. I'm currently using a USB Type-C hub to connect the HDMI to the monitor. But for some reason the monitor is saying there is no signal detected same goes for the MacBook. What should I do? Thank you so much.

June 10th, 2021 17:00

I have test all the accessories. The USB-C hub I'm using it is the Hiearcool USB-C dongle. The HDMI cable is connected to the USB-C hub. Sorry for the confusion. So when I try to connect the HDMI cable to the MacBook through the USB-C the display is not showing up on the monitor. On the monitor it says there is no signal from the MacBook. So I'm very confused on what to do. Since all the accessories is working fine. The monitor setting is set to HDMI but there is no signal coming in.

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

June 10th, 2021 17:00

@newMacUser What specific USB-C hub are you using?  Are you using a regular HDMI cable, i.e. HDMI output on the hub to HDMI input on the display?  Is the display set to its HDMI input?  What do you mean "same goes for the MacBook"?  Have you verified that the display and HDMI cable work properly with another source, like a cable box or media device?  Or have you verified that the USB-C hub works when connected to a different HDMI display/TV?

No Events found!