Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2013 09:00

S2240M -- Undesirable Interference

I've owned this monitor coming up on a year, and have recently started noticing fuzzy patterns come up here and there. I'm not sure what could be causing the interference, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't always done this.

It is connected to the included VGA cable. Other than that, there's a led TV about 3-4 feet away that I almost never turn on, and the monitor itself is plugged into a laptop about the same distance. Running windows 8, have the most recent driver and dell display manager.

Any thoughts?

December 6th, 2013 11:00

thanks, I did the test and saw the fuzziness, but only really on the grey part of the test. Happened in another room also.

Not sure what to make of this yet.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 6th, 2013 11:00

Put_the_Cookie_down,

Run the monitor Built-in Diagnostics, page 26:
ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_display_projector/esuprt_Display/dell-s2240m_User%27s%20Guide_en-us.pdf

Do you see the fuzziness during the test? If no, the monitor itself is fine. If yes, take it out of that room and run the same test. If the issue does not occur in the other room, the monitor is fine. If it does, it should be exchanged if still under warranty.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 7th, 2013 05:00

Because your monitor only has an attached Dell Order number and not a Dell Service Tag number, contact Dell Customer Support for your country. Provide to them the following data so they can setup a like for like monitor exchange =
Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone number:
Monitor Order number:
Monitor 20 digit alphanumeric PPID serial number:
Reason:
Note: Once outside of the initial 30 days from the original invoice date, the replacement will be a refurbished/used monitor

No Events found!