Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 4th, 2014 14:00

S2240T, Win8.1, Touch Issues

I replaced my old S2240T monitor because I thought I got the one defective monitor in stock. After I got this replacement I quickly realized it does the same thing. I'll press in one area on the screen, but it will rapidly press all over opening and closing random programs. Someone has got to get this fixed.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 4th, 2014 15:00

rhdnbgh,

We are not seeing this complaint in our call centers. Two monitors with the same issue? Doesn't sound like a monitor fault, more like an operating system fault. Understand, the operating system controls touch.

* Connect the monitor USB Upstream cable from the bottom of the monitor to a USB port on the computer
* Make sure Control Panel -System & Security -System -Device Manager -HID touch device is recognized as shown below:
HID-compliant device
Microsoft Input Configuration Device
USB Input Device
* Run the Windows Control Panel -Hardware & Sound -Tablet PC -Calibrate
-OR-
* Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. If you are using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search
* Enter calibrate in the search box, tap or click Settings, and then tap or click Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input to open Tablet PC Settings
* Check that the monitor shown in the Display field matches the screen you want to calibrate
* Tap or click Calibrate
* Touch your finger on the screen at that center of black cross until the cross moves
* The pointer moves to fifteen further positions in sequence for the first calibration and three further positions in sequence if previous calibration data is stored
* Store the calibrated data to complete the touch screen calibration procedure

6 Posts

February 4th, 2014 16:00

I know the issue I am having with this monitor is a common issue. I've read multiple site forums about the S2240T monitors. In that forum you thought the problem was windows 8.1. I'm thinking you are right because I've done everything else that I can do. I've had technical support use remote assistance on my computer for over an hour installing drivers and calibrating. It hasn't worked. I'm just waiting until someone calls Microsoft like you said in the other forum.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 4th, 2014 20:00

That thread was from October 2013. Since then we know it should work in 8.1.

* The multi-touch capability is validated with Windows 8/8.1
* This monitor does not have Touch functionality on Windows XP/Vista
* Open the Control Panel- System and Security- Administrative Tools
* Open up the Services link
* Scroll down to the Tablet PC Input Service. If it is not enabled - enable it
* Right click on it, select Properties
* Change Startup type to Automatic
* Click Apply
* Right click it and select Start. Give it a second to start and then the touch input should be working

5 Posts

May 30th, 2014 19:00

I'm joining this thread because I see similar problems with my new S2240T. On another thread I said, "With the help of tech support, all the drivers were reinstalled and they even sent me a new monitor.". Most areas of the screen were responsive, but the corners were not accessible.  So in order to close or minimize a window on the desktop, I had to use the mouse. Finally, today, Tech Ralph gives me a straight answer:  only the mouse works in the corners of the screen on the desktop. That's a relief. As I told him:  'it is just a case of "oh, they all do that.'   It's just that win 8.1 and the Dell S2240T just dont fit together.".Mayybe there will be a patch?

jq

6 Posts

May 30th, 2014 20:00

i replaced my monitor a third time, and now it works perfectly. It was just 5 months of hassle

No Events found!