Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

May 25th, 2015 09:00

S2309W, yellow v-line

My dell S2309W currently is showing a vertical yellow line that does not go away. Wondering if there is a key sequence to try and reset monitor? I've reset to factory defaults, but this did not work. Any advice is appreciated. Computer is XPS430, OS Windows 7 Home premium., Video card is

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 25th, 2015 12:00

Run the monitor Self-Test, BID (Built-in Diagnostic) per these instructions, which remove the computer and cabling from the troubleshooting. Do you see the issue when running the tests? If yes, get it exchanged if still inside the 3 year warranty period. If you do not see the issue, the culprit is either the video card, video card driver, or the cabling.

13 Posts

May 25th, 2015 15:00

Hi Chris M,

I ran test as described.  The test begins with a red screen and cycles through the various colors, but does so only by pushing button 5, not 4.

Also, the yellow line remains on the monitor and does not change during the test, or even the floating dialog.

The monitor is about 8 years old so i guess i am up for buying another one :(

Any further advice before i go on-line to buy?

thanks,

Chris.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 26th, 2015 13:00

Nope. Sounds defective. The cost to have a local repair shop diagnose, search for parts, buy the parts, outweighs the market value of this monitor.

No Events found!