Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 28th, 2013 14:00

S2340M monitor warranty Issue

I've purchased a S2340M monitor from Amazon.com a couple of months ago and recently it is out of order. 

When it's on, I can only see only a black screen with shaking green and red lines.

So I want to get a warranty exchange but don't have a service tag or a special order number.

I read forum articles and tried to contact Order Support, but I couldn't even send an email without the service tag.

Customer service phone calls and chats keep saying to contact technical support and it doesn't help at all!

Please somebody help me. I have the Serial number on the back of my monitor and an invoice from Amazon.com

Thanks.

Namsu

1.5K Posts

May 29th, 2013 11:00

Hi Namsu,

It appears to be a hardware failure and replacement may be required. Please share the below mentioned inform with me via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation):

• Owner's Name or Company Name
  • Date of purchase
  • Proof of purchase
  • Which country you purchased the monitor from
  • Address
  • Phone Number
  • Alternate Phone Number 
  • Current Address
  • Service location
  • Time Zone
  • Best time to reach you
Please reply back with the information.

1.5K Posts

May 29th, 2013 01:00

Hi Namsu,

Apologies for the inconvenience. The service tag is usually available for the monitor above 27 inch in size.

You might try running Self-Test and Built-in Diagnostics to confirm the hardware functionality.

Steps to perform Self-Test are:

1. Turn off both your computer and the monitor.
  2. Unplug the video cable from the back of the computer. To ensure proper Self-Test operation, remove both Digital (white connector) and the Analog (blue connector) cables from the back of computer.
  3. Turn on the monitor.
  4. The floating dialog box should appear on-screen (against a black background) if the monitor cannot sense a video signal and is working correctly.
  5. While in self-test mode, the power LED remains white. Also, depending upon the selected input, one of the dialogs shown below will continuously scroll through the screen.
  6. This box also appears during normal system operation, if the video cable becomes disconnected or damaged. The monitor will enter Power Save Mode in 5 minutes if left at this state.

or    

7. If the Horizontal/Vertical Lines appears in Self-Test mode, then it’s the hardware replacement may be required.

Steps to perform Built-in Diagnostics are:

1. Ensure that the screen is clean (no dust particles on the surface of the screen).
  2. Unplug the video cable(s) from the back of the computer or monitor. The monitor then goes into the self-test mode.
  3. Press and hold the Button 1 and Button 4 on the right side panel simultaneously for 2 seconds. A gray screen appears.
  4. Carefully inspect the screen for abnormalities.
  5. Press the Button 4 on the right side panel again. The color of the screen changes to red.
  6. Inspect the display for any abnormalities.
  7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 to inspect the display in green, blue, black, white, and text screens. The test is complete when the text screen appears. To exit, press the Button 4 again.

If you do not detect any screen abnormalities upon using the built-in diagnostic tool, the monitor is functioning properly. Check the video card and computer. If the issue still persist hardware replacement may be required. Please reply back with the results.

2 Posts

May 29th, 2013 09:00

Thank you very much for the reply!

But I just can't access the monitor's menus. When it's on, all I can see is a black screen and screen-full of red and green lines.

Even when I push the menu buttons, I can't see anything.

I uploaded two pictures of my monitor, so please check.

http://en.community.dell.com/members/namsu95/files/default.aspx

Best,

Namsu

No Events found!