Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 3rd, 2013 01:00

S2340T power indicator no longer “glowing”

Hello,

Since about a week I noticed my S2340T monitor’s power indicator no longer “glowing” (as explained in the user manual) while in power save mode but rather stay on always with only a short flicker every once and a while. The monitor still displays a message indicating going into power save mode when my computer is switched off or in suspended mode.

I am afraid this odd behaviour of the power indicator might indicate another yet not discovered problem with the monitor. Should I send it to repair (while still under
warranty)?

L8r, Henk

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

June 3rd, 2013 13:00

Odd yes, serious no. Certainly not worth trading a new for a refurbished. But that is your decision to make.

953 Posts

June 3rd, 2013 04:00

Hi,

The Dell S2340T monitor when enters the “Active-Off Mode” the power indicator is White (Breathing). Which means, it will not stay ON always rather will glow once in a few seconds very slowly. If you are noticing this behavior when the computer is entering Active-Off Mode, this is normal and working as designed.

Normally it takes a few seconds for the monitor to switch-Off after the computer is shut down or when entering the Power Save Mode, so a message displaying “Entering Power Save Mode” is displayed for a few seconds. This is also a normal behavior.

Please reply if you have any further queries.

4 Posts

June 3rd, 2013 05:00

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I am well aware of that behaviour; it’s what I’ve noticed so far ever since I started using the monitor at the beginning of January. Because the power consumption of the monitor in Active-Off mode is the same as in Off mode (0.5W) I do not usually turn off my monitor completely but rather leave it in Active-Off mode all the time.

But since about a week I’ve noticed that the power indicator doesn’t glow anymore (in the frequency of a few seconds) but rather stays ON all the time with just an occasional short blink, at least as short as an eye blink. This strange behaviour starts immediately after the monitor enters Active-Off mode (indicated by an on screen message) and doesn’t stop anymore, not even after a couple of days.

So I still wonder: might there be something wrong? Should I have it repaired?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

June 3rd, 2013 06:00

Henk,

"Should I send it to repair"

Dell does not repair monitors. We simply replace them while under warranty. At this time, your replacement would be a refurbished one. So I would not get the new one replaced over this.

4 Posts

June 3rd, 2013 12:00

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your answer. So you don't think this odd behaviour might be an indication that something else (more serious) might be wrong?

L8r, Henk

4 Posts

June 4th, 2013 07:00

Ok Chris, thanks for your answer. I will ignore this behaviour from now on.

No Events found!