Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 11th, 2015 03:00

S2415H, No audio

I have had my S2415H monitor connected to my Macbook Pro via hdmi going on 6 months now and have begun having issues with the audio from the monitor's speakers and audio output. The initial issue began with a loss of audio to headphones connected to the audio output. This then became an intermittent issue before recently becoming a permanent issue. Additionally, today there is no audio emanating from the monitor's inbuilt speakers. All cables connected to the monitor have been removed and plugged back in. The monitor has also been returned to factory settings, as instructed to in the troubleshoot section of the manual, however there is still no audio. Please help.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 11th, 2015 09:00

First, note that Dell never validated this monitor model on apple proprietary hardware, ports, and software.

I would uninstall/reinstall the MBP GPU driver which controls the HDMI out (video/audio) functionality. If you recently updated the apple OS, back it down to the previous version and re-test.

You could also try this if the MBP has an audio out jack =
* Get a 3.5mm male to male stereo audio cable from a local store
Computer green audio out jack --> 3.5mm male to male stereo audio cable --> S2415H audio line in port
* Then plug headphones into the S2415H side jack
* Re-test

2 Posts

November 11th, 2015 16:00

Hi Chris,

After following the steps suggested, there is still no audio coming through either the side jack or the in-built speakers.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 12th, 2015 06:00

You may initiate a monitor exchange. Test the replacement monitor before sending any monitor back to Dell. If the replacement does not have the issue, keep it and send us the original. If the replacement has the SAME issue, the monitors were not at fault in the first place. Send the replacement back to Dell. Look to the computer operating system, drivers, or hardware as the culprit.

Go back to the main Monitor Forum board. On the right side of the page open, "Monitor warranties and replacement instructions".

No Events found!