Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

BS

May 19th, 2018 12:00

S2417DG, Dead pixels, Revision A00, Manufacturer date June 2017

Hello,

Hopefully I am doing this right. Recently, I purchased this Dell S2417DG directly from the Dell website, purchase date was 3/24/2018. After using it for awhile, I'm thinking there are some cloudy and banding issues present. There is also a few dead-pixels near the center of the screen, which are slightly distracting on plain backgrounds.  

I hadn't checked the manufacture date before today, but came to find out that the revision number is A00 and my date was June 2017. That seems pretty crazy, at least to me, that the monitor was from that old of a batch from the factory. 

So I'm posting here and will be reaching out to Dell support to see about a replacement if possible? I'm hoping I'm not out of the return window here, but didn't realize the issues at first. 

Anyone that may be able to explain why the revision sent to me, in the first place, would be great, and any advice on how to handle the service information is welcomed. 

Thank you, and I have the purchase details if necessary too. 

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 19th, 2018 16:00

Was this S2417DG purchased from the new Dell monitor website?
What is the 20 digit S/N?
For my notes, send me via Private Message the S2417DG service tag number

The return/refund window ended on 4/24/18. After 30 days, all you may get is an exchange. Before any exchange can be done, do the following and post the results with pictures =

* Open the Menu OSD (On Screen Display)
* Go to Others
* Choose Factory Reset = Reset all settings to the factory preset values (page 34)
* Exit the Menu

* Change the windows desktop background to all black
* If you see a stuck pixel that is white, red, green, or blue, that means it is a Bright Sub-Pixel defect
* How many Bright Sub-Pixel defects warrant a monitor exchange? 1 or more
* Post a picture showing the pixel defect

* Change the windows desktop background to all white
* If you see a pixel that is black or colored, it is called a Dark (stuck/dead) Sub-Pixel defect
* How many Dark Sub-Pixel defects warrant a monitor exchange? 6 or more
* Post a picture showing the pixel defect

cloudy and banding
* You must be using a Nvidia GeForce video card. Which card are you using?
* You must be connecting via the DP to DP cable
* You must have installed the latest Nvidia WHQL driver
* G-SYNC must be turned on in both the Nvidia Control Panel and in the S2417DG Menu- Display. Then test all Hz (60Hz/85Hz/100Hz/120Hz/144Hz/150Hz/155Hz/160Hz/165Hz)

No Events found!