Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 29th, 2018 15:00

S2417DG, BurnIn mode, random colors #7

Hello,

I have had my S2417DG monitor for several months now, and I have had no problems with it. However yesterday when I got home from work I noticed that while it was in sleep mode it was flashing different colors on the screen. Additionally now when the button next to the power button is pressed a strange menu pops up with different settings in check boxes. When I went to the normal monitor settings I noticed they were reset and I went to change them back to what I had before with the monitor running at 165hz and the color scheme in RPG mode, however the setting for my refresh rate would not change and when I reset my PC to try and see if it fixed it all of my settings all of them were reset. I have not done anything but change settings on this monitor, i have not taken it apart or done anything that would make it do this. It just happened on its own. I have updated it, updated all of my drivers and nothing seems to fix it. What should I do?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

July 1st, 2018 04:00

Yes, disable BurnIn in the FSM. No, I said look for a setting in the FSM that "resets" the monitor and see if you can DISABLE it. No. All communication is via this Forum so as to help other users who may have this issue and search for the issue on the Forum or Google. If you cannot make those two settings and fix the issue, the monitor is faulty. Read this.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

June 29th, 2018 16:00

The internal Factory Service Center menu is appearing? In that menu, you should disable burn-in. Also look for something that mentions reset to factory and see if you can disable it. Do not make any other changes. Then exit the menu. As to why it is appearing, no idea. To enter it you have to press an odd combination of buttons.

June 30th, 2018 15:00

Nobody as far as I know of hit any buttons, I live alone and it was doing it when I got home. Are you saying that I should disable burn in and then try to reset settings? Because like I said it seems to reset itself whenever I power off my PC.

Is there any way I can talk to you more directly so I can tell you everything that is happening?

Whenever I try and do the overclock to 165hz like I had before it reboots like it should but then the screen flashes red and all of the setting reboot.

July 1st, 2018 05:00

I managed to fix most of the problems by trying a fix that I saw on YouTube.

(1) Disable the BurnIn Mode in the FSM (factory service menu)
(2) Go onto the S2417DG OSD Menu- Others and set both Power Saving and Factory Reset to Off

That should fix all of the problems. However, the one thing that still does not work is the 165 Hz vertical frequency overclock. When I open the OSD Menu-Display, go to Overclock and Enable. Then go to Overclock Refresh Rate and choose 165 Hz, then click Yes, it flashes a red screen before and it goes back to the way that it was with the Burn-in Mode and Factory Menu On and all of my settings reset. Is there any other way to get the display to 165 Hz?

1 Message

November 14th, 2019 16:00

Did you ever come across a fix for the issue with overclocking? My S2417DG does the exact same thing.

Thanks

No Events found!