Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 7th, 2018 00:00

S2418H, speaker volume controls aren’t working

Hi

I have my speakers for my Dell S2418H monitor working just fine. However, I cannot seem to use the volume controls on the right hand side of the speaker. Plus, the right hand side is warm to the touch compared to the left. It also produces less of a sound then the left side. Although I have noticed that every sound is coming out of the left side, even sound that should come out the right side.The speaker is brand new so is the monitor, and I don’t know what is wrong with it. I have unplugged it and plugged it back in, but that still hasn’t worked. By the way, the speaker uses a mini DIN cable. It also had a tendency to beep twice at random intervals for some reason, but that has since stopped. I have my monitor plugged into a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 gaming laptop, which has audio controls on the keyboard. Could that be the reason why my speaker’s volume controls aren’t working?

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

February 7th, 2018 06:00

Understand the the audio is controlled by the computer or video card HDMI driver. Open the S2418H User's Guide to page 21. Read through the Playback section. Once it is set as the default Playback device, open Properties. Explore the audio options there. Then, check the video card properties for HDMI audio.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

February 8th, 2018 06:00

Unfortunately, this would fall under, "customer caused damage". We cannot replace the S2418H speaker for this action. At this point you are looking at not using the S2418H speaker. Instead, get an external speaker set. Plug them into the RCA jack on the rear/bottom called Audio line-out port.

Capture.JPG

See this for HDMI NVIDIA High Definition Audio playback.

3 Posts

February 7th, 2018 13:00

Hi Chris

Thanks, I’ll try that. But is it normal for the speaker to be warm to the touch on the right side of the speaker near the volume control buttons?

Regards

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

February 7th, 2018 13:00

Unknown. Another S2418H owner will need to check and post.

3 Posts

February 7th, 2018 14:00

Thanks For your help Chris

So I tried to do what you said but I wasn’t able plug in the speaker again, as I removed it in fear of it catching fire in the first place. Getting it in the first time was hard cause I had to force it in, but it wouldn’t go in this time. I didn’t know why until I looked at the plug and jack and discovered that the pins in the plug are all bent and the jack is all scratched up from me trying to force it in when the plug was all lined up with the jack. What should I do now?

Plus I don’t know how to check the video card properties for HDMI audio. Since my laptop uses NVIDIA do I check the NVIDIA card properties?

Regards
No Events found!