Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 23rd, 2018 11:00

S2419HM, GTX 680, Fast Response issue

Hello, I have the same issue with my Dell S2419HM. I tried different Color Preset Modes, turn HDR and Dynamic contrast on/off. I have GeForce GTX 680 with the latest Nvidia drivers. Here is the video. Please, take a look at the blue button. You can notice some kind of "trail" on this video from the button. The same thing appears in games, the whole screen becomes very "blurry" while changing camera position because of these ghost trails. So, it is not comfortable to play at all with Fast Time response mode enabled.

Display Firmware: M3T101
Could you please tell me where I can find "the non-private 20 digit S/N and A0x revision"? I can tell you only 12 digit and character S/N and Service Tag from "Others" menu on display.

Thank you in advance

4 Posts

January 20th, 2019 11:00

Hello! Thank you for the answer! But the same thing was for PS4 Pro also. I say "was" because I finally found how to resolve the problem. The workaround is to disable the OD (overdrive mode) in the FSM (Factory Service Menu) after Fast Mode switching on in standard system menu. Unfortunately, I have to do this after every display turning on as OD setting becomes restored. So, 75Hz and Fast Mode can't be achieved at the same time. Anyway, it is much more comfortable for me to play with Fast Mode rather than with 75Hz.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 26th, 2018 11:00

The serial number and A0x revision are on the back label. The Response Time options are just that, optional. If setting to Fast 5 MS causes issues using that almost 7 year old 2012 Nvidia video card, then don't set it to Fast. Set Response Time to 8 MS Normal. Sounds like you need a newer video card (GTX 10 series).

No Events found!