Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

1 Message

January 20th, 2020 16:00

S2419HM, image occasionally vanishes for 2-3 seconds

I bought this monitor this past summer and this problem has been present since day 1. It's not a huge deal but it would be nice if I could prevent this from happening. Essentially, every 10 hours or so, the monitor will stop displaying video and just go to a blank screen which only lasts for 2-3 seconds then goes back to displaying video. I only use the monitor for my Nintendo Switch and now that I'm playing Smash Bros., I really can't have this happening. I've already tried switching the HDMI port on the monitor and using a different HDMI cable but the problem still persists, so it has to be the monitor. 

Besides this issues, I do like the monitor. It has a nice design and great image quality, wouldn't want to replace it but might have to if I can't solve this issue. Any advice would be most appreciated? Thanks. 

• 

25.7K Posts

January 21st, 2020 10:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to write back whenever you are available.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 21st, 2020 12:00

The Private Message sent to you by DELL-Cares was only to record the private S2419HM service tag number. All of the troubleshooting should be done out here for all to see.

"every 10 hours or so, the monitor will stop displaying video"
Are you saying that the S2419HM and Nintendo Switch are running continuously for 10 hours?

At the end of the day, why not turn both off. Then turn on the next day? If the Nintendo Switch is never turned off (only put into sleep), the memory cache is never deleted. Its OS will have performance issues.

4 Posts

January 21st, 2020 12:00

Hey, sorry. Wasn't expecting to receive a direct message. Forgot the credentials on the other account, I jotted down the information on this one though, so feel free to DM me. Not sure why you just wouldn't post publicly though, others might be having the same problem in the future, this thread could serve as a helpful resource. Thanks though.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 21st, 2020 13:00

Can you move the S2419HM to a PC running Windows 10 to see if the same issue happens?

4 Posts

January 21st, 2020 13:00

I do turn them both off, routinely. I'm saying roughly every 10 hours of use this problem occurs, honestly I think it's less. Usually, I'll see this happening once or twice a day and I'm using the monitor probably 4-6 hours a day regularly. 

4 Posts

January 21st, 2020 14:00

Yeah, I suppose I could. Would have to buy a cheap conversion cable though, my stupid Lenovo ThinkPad doesn't have an HDMI port.

4 Posts

April 19th, 2020 14:00

I recently purchased the proper video cable that allows me to hook up my laptop to the monitor and yes, it's still having that problem. Any ideas on any easy fixes? Thanks.

No Events found!