Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 10th, 2013 00:00

S2440L Rev.A01

Hello everyone!

I bought a monitor S2440L Rev.A01 with manufacturing date March, 2013.
I wanted to know what means "Rev.A01". And what would be the difference for the others "Rev.XX".

thx. 

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 10th, 2013 10:00

The User Guide states, "Backlight = LED edgelight system", which is PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) dimming. If you find PWM backlight flickering distracting or just want to see if reducing it makes reading on a monitor easier, try the following: Turn the brightness of your monitor up to maximum and disable any automatic brightness adjustments. Now use the color correction available in your video card drivers or calibration device to reduce the brightness to normal levels (usually by adjusting the contrast slider). This will reduce the luminance and contrast of your monitor while leaving the backlight on as much as possible during PWM cycles.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 10th, 2013 15:00

It was an A01 returned to Dell which we then had to resell as refurbished. When buying refurbished, you get whatever is next in the queue. When buying New, you get the latest revision.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 11th, 2013 07:00

A new device will always come with the newest revision possible, while a refurbished depend on what is in stock. Am I correct?

* Yes.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 10th, 2013 07:00

trefe90,

Most of the time, monitor revision information is Dell confidential information. I do not see any emails concerning the S2440L. Do you have any specific issues with the S2440L?

5 Posts

June 10th, 2013 09:00

Don't. I not have any specific issues with the S2440L. I'm actually happy with the monitor. This question is related to the fact that I read in some forums that some units of the S2440L using PWM for backlight dimming.

And another point is that in some forums about hardware, the acronym "Rev.XX" has been linked to Refurbished Products. And Dell would be selling refurbished monitors to emerging markets as new product. If you can understand a bit of Portuguese Brazilian, here has some very interesting reports:
http://adrenaline.uol.com.br/forum/placas-de-video-e-monitores/459436-dell-2412m-quem-possa-interessar.html

I see no problem to Dell provide refurbished monitors when the guarantee is triggered, but sell them without this information and besides as new in my country is depressing. What would make me return the monitor immediately. This is the reason why I asked what this acronym "Rev.A01" means.

Thank You;

5 Posts

June 10th, 2013 13:00

Thanks again for the reply. And what you can tell me about the association of the acronym Rev.A01 with Refurbished Monitors. This proceeds? My monitor S2440l Rev.A01 is refurbished even paying for a new model? 

One more time, thank you for attention.

5 Posts

June 10th, 2013 18:00

I think I understand. The code Rev.A01 has nothing to do with a Refurbsihed or New model, this code not determine that condition. Corresponds to a internal hardware revision. A new device will always come with the newest revision possible, while a refurbished depend on what is in stock. Am I correct?

Excuse me if I am emphasizing this subject. Because due to their qualifications and the fast response time, you're Dell employee who answers me more directly. I got in touch by phone with Dell Brazil and they were not directly as they should be.

5 Posts

June 11th, 2013 22:00

The Rev.A01 is the newest revision possible for the S2440l?

No Events found!