Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 25th, 2018 05:00

S2716DG, black screen with mouse cursor after startup

I have had a S2716DG for a couple of weeks now. When I shut down the PC, then start it up later, the following happens

* Shows bios screen (the one that tells you to hit Delete to enter setup etc.)
* Then the grey dialog box about power saving mode shows up
* Windows starts up in the background but I'm only shown a blank screen with a mouse cursor. The only way to fix this is to power off the PC and start it up again. It works perfectly after that

It seems this only happens if the PC is shut down correctly. If the PC is powered off without shutting down windows, it will startup fine. I had a power cut a couple of days ago while the PC was on. When I started it up the monitor worked fine, so it definitely seems that windows shutting down triggers this.

I have Monitor Deep Sleep disabled. I have tried holding the menu button to see if that would have any affect on it. Unplugging the monitor and plugging it in again did no't help. Powering the monitor off and on again didn't help.

I am using Windows 10, with an Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB graphics card. The monitor is connected via display port, and is set as the primary monitor. I have two other monitors connected to the PC. Monitor is running at 144Hz and G-Sync mode is on

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

July 25th, 2018 05:00

Simplify the setup to troubleshoot only the PC and S2716DG
* Turn the PC and all three monitors off
* Disconnect the two other monitors cabling from the PC and Nvidia GTX 1060 video card
* Disconnect the S2716DG cabling from the PC and Nvidia GTX 1060 video card
* Reconnect ONLY the S2716DG cabling to the PC and Nvidia GTX 1060 video card
* Turn the S2716DG on, then the PC
* Once on the Windows desktop, click Start- Turn Off Computer- Restart. What happens?
* If it restarts correctly back to the Windows desktop, click Start- Turn Off Computer- Turn Off. What happens?
* If it powered off, power on. What happens?

2 Posts

July 25th, 2018 06:00

I followed these instructions and the PC started correctly with the other monitors removed. I was using a dvi to displayport converter for one of the other monitors, but removed that and plugged it straight into the dvi port (I previously had two dvi monitors which is why I had the converter). It still worked after that. I plugged in the third monitor which was hdmi and it still worked.

Hopefully that it the problem solved. If it crops back up I'll test a few different configurations and report back with any new info.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

July 25th, 2018 07:00

Let me know your configurations for;

GTX 1060 video out ports = ?
S2716DG video in ports = DP/HDMI
2nd monitor model ?? video in ports = ?
3rd monitor model ?? video in ports = ?

No Events found!