Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

March 15th, 2018 07:00

S2716DG, frame warping

Hello,

I purchased this monitor in October and the frame of the monitor has started warping. The black bezel (where the Dell logo is) has peeled off of the frame on one side and it looks like the adhesive has gone. Top of the monitor is not flat. It's wavy and it appears the plastic is warping. I called Dell warranty support and after being transferred through 10 people they eventually told me to go back to Best Buy and they can facilitate a repair/replacement. They told me since it's physical damage (caused by me) that it wasn't covered under warranty. My attempts to tell them that I did not do this were unsuccessful. It doesn't affect the performance of the monitor, but it shouldn't be happening and I'm worried about issues down the road (dust getting in, etc. Can a mod let me know what the best course of action is going forward?

Thank you.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 15th, 2018 08:00

* Explain where this S2716DG is being used, work, home, setup of room, room temperature, etc.
* What is the 20 digit S/N and A0x revision?
* Did you transfer the ownership of the S2716DG from Best Buy into your name?

"frame of the monitor has started warping."
"The black bezel (where the Dell logo is) has peeled off of the frame"
"Top of the monitor is not flat"

* You need to take pictures of all of this. Post them on a free file hosting site like this one. Then provide the links to the pictures in your Forum post.

3 Posts

March 15th, 2018 08:00

Hello Chris,

It's being used at home, approx. 1 foot from wall w/ no obstructions on either side.  Room temperature approximately 65-70 farenheit.  S/N - CN-0JCVN0-74261-739-08PQ and A04 revision, manufactured March 2017.

I've registered the monitor through Dell with the service tag, so I assume it's been transferred into my name as I used this info when I called support.  Pictures are here.  Warping on the top is difficult to see but you can make it out... https://imgur.com/a/5PV6i

Thanks for your help!

3 Posts

March 15th, 2018 11:00

Not quite sure where you're seeing any damage.  It might be the reflection of my hand/camera in the image.

I've attached a new picture to show the bezel (with no damage...).  Any bluriness/discoloration could be dust or issues with the camera on my phone.

https://imgur.com/9zy3shm

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 15th, 2018 11:00

Based on those pictures, we cannot exchange it. I see where the bottom plastic front is loose, but above and to the right of that loose plastic it looks like the bezel was struck where that abrasion is. I see the slight bulge at the top, but if the bottom right corner of the bezel was struck, it could cause that top bezel bulge.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 15th, 2018 13:00

Much better. So here is the rub.

Per the warranty, any replacement monitor exchange setup after the first 30 days from the original invoice date will be a R/U (refurbished/used) monitor. A R/U monitor could have any or all of the following and still be acceptable by Dell policy =
* Cosmetic blemishes on the monitor plastics
* Less than 6 stuck dark pixel

So if your panel itself is perfect, no stuck dark pixels, is it worth risking an exchange? Your call. Read this for exchange instructions.

No Events found!