Highlighted
DapperDanno
1 Copper

S2716DG, horizontal lines, screen flickering

Hello all,

So I've had my S2716DG for about 4 months now and just recently, out of the blue, when I booted up my PC, I noticed that the monitor had numerous thin, evenly spaced lines that span across the entire display. These are not opaque black lines, just very transparent white lines that give off the appearance that I am looking through a screen door (without the vertical lines, if that makes sense). These lines become especially noticeable when I try the solid grey color test from the Dell SupportAssist application. There is also visible flickering present during this test towards the left and right hand sides of the monitor. I also noticed during the focus and geometry tests that this screen flickering was only present on the right hand side of the monitor. 

I have run the self test on the monitor. I have updated my graphics card driver. I have tried plugging the monitor into a separate outlet from my PC to avoid interference, and I have tested my monitor on different devices WITH different display cables (Xbox and another computer) and it would appear the problem is strictly with the monitor. If there is anyone out there that has experienced a similar problem and has a solution that I have not listed, please let me know because this is giving me a headache. If anyone from the support team could lend their advice that would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Dan

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: S2716DG, horizontal lines, screen flickering

For my notes and to check the warranty, click my username and via private message send me the monitor service tag number, 20 digit serial number, A0x revision number.

"just recently, out of the blue, when I booted up my PC, I noticed that the monitor had numerous thin, evenly spaced lines"
* That would imply that a driver change happened. Just prior to the issue appearing, did you change the Nvidia video card driver? Or allow Windows Updates to change some other driver?
* What PC Nvidia video card are you testing on?
* When connected to the Nvidia video card DP in port, did you test all Hz? (2560x1440 60Hz/85Hz/100Hz/120Hz/144Hz G-Sync On)
* What GPU is on the Xbox?
* Read through this, "How to Use and Troubleshoot the Dell S2716DG"
"I have run the self test on the monitor."
* Take and post pictures of the standalone BID (Built-in Diagnostics) colored full screens showing the issue

0 Kudos