Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 13th, 2016 06:00

S2716DG, not waking from sleep or power off/on correctly

I have a new Dell gaming monitor S2716DG, however when it returns from 'sleep' - power save OR even if i just turn it off and back on again via its power button on returning my desktop screen icons are all messed up, i.e. in different positions and any open windows default to a tiny screen size and are re-positioned to the top left of the monitor. This is very very annoying. I have tried to update the monitor driver by downloading the latest from Dell, but it seems to make no difference to the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 13th, 2016 08:00

When the monitor is turned off, then on, it is normal for icons and open windows to shift to the top left corner. We are seeing this on many of the newer Dell monitors.

The S2716DG does not wake up from sleep mode due to "Monitor Deep Sleep" being enabled in the OSD (On Screen Display) -Others section. This default setting for Monitor Deep Sleep is enabled to meet Energy Star 6 & CELL power savings requirement (<0.5Watt).
* If Monitor Deep Sleep is enabled, you will need to press the power button off and on after power saving to wake up the monitor
* If Monitor Deep Sleep is disabled, moving the mouse or tapping the keyboard will bring the monitor back up

9 Posts

July 13th, 2016 11:00

I trust the Tech’ies at Dell are working on a solution as this is a VERY annoying feature for the customer and not what we would expect from Dell.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 13th, 2016 12:00

I have not seen any Dell emails from the Displays Team discussing future revisions.

9 Posts

July 13th, 2016 15:00

So they are not aware of the problem? This is unbelievable. No other monitor that i have used behaves in this way, which if you haven't already gathered is annoying. But thank you for your replies, and in all other respects the Dell S2716DG is a great gaming monitor...

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 14th, 2016 10:00

They are aware because they do read this Forum. I am just stating that I have not seen any email discussion of a firmware revision. A firmware revision is a costly procedure to our monitor manufacturer and Dell. We have to show that many customers are complaining about said issue, show the manufacturer the threads, we have to prove to the manufacturer that it is a fault that needs to be worked.

9 Posts

July 14th, 2016 14:00

Well sit them down with my monitor during a busy desktop and ask them to switch it off and back on again and they’ll be immediately implementing a fix  :-)

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 14th, 2016 20:00

Per the warranty, you may initiate a monitor exchange. Test the replacement before sending any monitor back to Dell. If the replacement monitor does not have the issue, keep it and send us the original monitor. If the replacement monitor has the same issue, then we could compare those two monitors serial number and A0x revision to see if they are the same or different. Then use that data to ask other owners for their serial number and A0x revision and look for a pattern. You would then send us back the replacement.

No Events found!