Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

2 Posts

November 24th, 2018 20:00

S2716DG, windowed mode, G-Sync, flickering on secondary

Hi guys!

I just bought two Dell S2716DG. When I have G-Sync enabled and am gaming on my primary S2716DG in windowed or borderless windowed mode, the second S2716DG flickers rapidly. It almost looks as if the lighting is changing very quickly, it is subtle but very annoying once noticed. When I turn on full screen on the primary S2716DG, the flicker stops. The flickering also stops if I disable G-Sync. The problem with full screen is it makes it so that I cannot go back and forth between the S2716DG while gaming which was the reason for getting two monitors in the first place. 

I have already tried different cables, different Display Ports on my graphics card (MSI 6GB 980 Ti) and switching which S2716DG is primary. When I switch which S2716DG is primary, the other one flickers when the primary S2716DG is in windowed mode. I have also made sure my drivers are up to date for the graphics card as well as the S2716DG. 

I am at a complete loss for how to fix this. I don't think it is an issue with the S2716DG's as they both exhibit the same issue. I have tried calling Dell support as well as Nvidia support and it has not gone anywhere. I'm loath to return the S2716DG as I got a really good deal for them on Black Friday ($350 a piece). Could having two G-Sync monitors somehow be causing the issue?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

November 25th, 2018 12:00

Found this. It does not appear to be an issue with the monitors. Many threads on G-Sync and windowed mode pointing towards the operating system and Nvidia drivers. Read through the threads.

November 26th, 2018 11:00

Hmm, yes it does seem to be a widespread issue.  As of now I do not see a fix other than to turn off windowed mode which completely defeats the purpose of 2 monitors.  The weird thing too is when my second monitor is a non g sync monitor, the flicker does not appear.  If nvidia can't get a fix for this, there really is not much point of having g sync for my purposes =/.  

No Events found!