Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

2 Posts

August 21st, 2018 08:00

S2718D, MacBook Pro, Type-C cable not working

I bought an S2718D several months ago, it worked well when connected to my old MacBook air via HDMI. Two weeks ago I bought a MacBook Pro and I connected it to the S2718D via the Type-C cable that came with the box. It charges and received video signal at the beginning. However, the cable doesn't work until three days ago. I do not receive video signal and even charge the MacBook Pro. I guess the Type-C is broken for some reason.
I bought an Belkin Thunderbolt 3 cable but it only charges the MacBook Pro. I am really confused which kind of cable I should get to make it work again.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 21st, 2018 12:00

In my opinion, you should get an Apple branded cable. But first post on the Apple Forum to get their advice.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

Dell policy concerning non-tested/non-validated Apple hardware, operating system, and drivers
You can see here under, "Operating system", that the S2718D was never tested/validated by Dell with Apple proprietary hardware and operating system. All we provided were true Windows PC testing and drivers.

You should post the issue on the Apple Forum to get their opinion on troubleshooting and specific Apple cabling that you should purchase. We also cannot speak to any Apple charging problem. Apple users would need to address this.

On Dell laptops that require more than 45w, we recommend that when connecting to a Dell monitor USB Type-C, the laptop must have its AC power adapter connected to it. Then connect to the S2718D like this =
Latitude 7480 USB Type-C out port --> S2718D USB Type C cable --> S2718D USB Type C connector

2 Posts

Thanks for your reply.

If I want to to purchase a new USB Type C cable  which is the same as the one came with S2718D. Which type of cable should I get?

No Events found!